3

-1 year later-
*Elena's P.O.V*

It's been a year. University has been going okay. I finally broke my sire bond with Damon after Jeremy died I turned it off. Stefan brought me to turn it back on. The cure, well Stefan gave it to me and now I'm human again. I finally got my life back.

Alaric is back, and no longer an original. Stefan and I are better. Dean or his brother haven't been around. I am on my own now since I lost my whole family, my mom, dad, Jenna, John, and now Jeremy. Alaric comes to stay every once in a while but he is gonna be married to Jo soon.

Alaric finally has his peace. He's gonna be a father to twins and soon to be married.

Caroline and Tyler are getting married. The fact that Tyler broke his sire bond just for Caroline is so sweet. I broke mine for Stefan but Tyler was sired to Klaus and it really hurt Caroline.

"Elena?" Stefan says with his warm smile.

Did I forget to mention that Stefan took the cure as well? We're both so happy with life. Stefan finally got to turn 18 and not be stuck as 17 forever.

"Stefan!" I yell as I jumped into his arms.

"I've missed you Elena, so much," Stefan says as he let a tear slip.

"I'm just glad you're okay," I smiled.

"How's Damon?" Stefan asks.

"Still a dick," I laugh.

"Typical Damon," Stefan laughs along with me.

"Ya know I'm still a vampire and I can hear you two trash talking me," Damon yells from across the house.

We both busted out laughing. I've never felt more alive than I did right now. So much has happened the last 3 years that Stefan and I made it this far.

That is, until I met Dean again. I just started university and there was a strange murder. They came to investigate. At the time Stefan was under Klaus's compulsion yet again. I kinda fell in love with Dean. But I couldn't bring myself to love the man who tried to kill my brother.

Sam, he's nice. He's lost so much. His girlfriend whom he was gonna proposed to died in the same tragic death as his mother did. On the ceiling in a fire.

Stefan doesn't know anything about the time spent with them. I don't want to hurt him or loose him. He saved me so many times staring with the car crash that killed my parents.

"Elena are you okay?" Stefan asks.

"Yeah, just thinking," I said as he snapped me back into reality.

-

"Alaric I'm so glad to have you back," I smiled while sipping my drink.

"It's great to be back too. I can't wait to be a father," he smiles.

We was sitting at the grill where both good and bad things happened. I so badly wanted to turn back time so I didn't call my parents to come get me. If I didn't, we would all be alive. Jeremy, Jenna, John. As much as I hated John, he did sacrificed his life for mine the night Klaus killed me the first time. He was my birth father after all. Isobel was my birth mother and when I have a daughter, I will name her after my mom.

"So how are you and Stefan enjoying the human life again," Alaric asks.

"Great, all we've ever wanted," I said.

"What about that Dean guy?" He asks.

"He's not such a great guy. He did try to kill my brother after all," I said.

"Elena follow your heart. One day you and Stefan will fall apart because of Damon's love for you," he said.

And he was right. Stefan has always been afraid of loosing me to Damon. Especially when I was sired to him.

"Thanks, I'm gonna go and check on Bonnie," I smiled.

"See you later kiddo," Alaric says.

I walked out and bumped into somebody.

"I'm so sor-Sam!" I screeched.

"Hey Elena," he smiles.

"What are you doing here?" I asks.

I haven't seen the brothers in 6 months. Why would they keep coming back here.

"I thought I'd come pay a visit to a great friend," Sam admits.

"Thanks," I giggle.

"Dean and I got in huge argument so I left," Sam says.

"Typical Dean," I laugh

"I heard about Jeremy, I'm so sorry, what happened?" He asks.

"It was all a blur. I remember we was just walking around the woods and he was killed by a hybrid. Klaus was angry and he had a hybrid kill Jeremy," I shivered at the memory, "and there I was, a vampire who could've saved him. I turned off my humanity and now I'm human again because I took the cure."

"I see you're happier but I better get going. I gotta find a motel," Sam smiles as he walks off.

-

I was now sitting at home. Writing in my diary. I miss writing and I haven't done it in a long time.

Dear Diary,
Today was eventful. I saw Sam again after 6 months. It was strange. I still hate myself for falling for his brother when I clearly love Stefan. Damon has been a bigger douche here lately and I have no idea why. I just wish Damon and Stefan can get along again. Since Stefan and I took the cure, Damon been distant. Maybe he wanted to be human too. Who knows. I hope everything goes back to normal soon...
Elena

I put my diary down and went to my bed. I just wanted to sleep. My mind kept racing. I love Stefan but what are my feelings for Dean? He honestly hates me but why I do like him? He tried to kill Stefan, Caroline, and my brother. One day I'll have life figured out.

A/N: I need a new character's name but I need help picking one.

Girl:
1. Eliana
2. Ryleigh
3. Eliza
4. Taylor
5. Allyson

Boy:
1. Blayde
2. Ryder
3. Caysen
4. Declan
5. Jaxon

Please help and suggest a last name to go with a name ❤ Have a great day!