4

*Elena's P.O.V*

Here I was, thinking about Stefan in the middle of class. I didn't want to be here today as I didn't feel too good. Damon offered to drive me which was odd. He was silent the whole ride. If only I knew what was wrong.

-

"Caroline, I wanna go home," I said.

"Me too, hey are you going to the wedding Saturday?" Caroline asks.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss Alaric's wedding," I replied, "when are you going to get married Care?"

"About that," Caroline says, "Tyler and I broke up."

"Wait what?" I said spitting out my water.

"He cheated on me with a werewolf name Hayley, also the mother of Klaus' daughter. But I did hook up with Klaus," Caroline says turning her head away.

"Caroline he did save you instead of his sister. He does care about you. Yes he did us wrong but sometimes even the villains need a little love and forgiveness," I said.

"Elena are you sure? He did kill you and tried to kill you," Caroline says.

"And I'm over it, I'm still here aren't I?" I said.

"He killed your aunt Jenna," Caroline says.

And she's right. Turned her into a vampire for a sacrifice and she tried to save the day but died due to Klaus staking her. But everyone does deserve forgiveness. Evil or not.

"I know but evil or not, he does deserves my forgiveness," I said.

-

"Damon why won't you talk to me," I said getting into his car.

"Because of what you did to Stefan," he said.

"What the hell did I do?" I asks.

"Oh you don't think I know about your little fling with Dean Winchester, the man who tried to kill all of us, even your damn brother," Damon yells.

"How did you know?" I whisper.

"I'm not dumb, Stefan loves you even when he's under compulsion. Stefan needs to know," Damon says.

"I'll tell him," I sigh.

"Good because I was gonna do it. Elena I care about you and don't want you getting hurt. Dean, he's a player. He tries to hook up with any girls he sees. He's like a real life version of Johnny Bravo," Damon says, "so whatever feelings you have for Dean, loose them, you was just a toy of his."

I was speechless, I didn't know what to say. I do need to tell Stefan. It might be the end of my happy ending with Stefan but he deserves to know. Especially if I love him as much as I do.

"Are you mad at Stefan for taking the cure?" I asks.

"What?! No! He got the life he always wanted and I'm happy for him," Damon says.

"Then why don't you say a word to him?" I asks.

"Because I was afraid your secret would slip out of my mouth and I was not gonna do that to you, I love you too Elena but I'll never have you. I don't deserve you but Stefan does," Damon admits.

"I love you too Damon," I replied.

"Anyways, how was your day?" Damon asks.

"It was good," I said.

"Good," he said.

The rest of the ride was silent. I was relieved that Damon finally talked to me. I was so worried I did something that caused tension in between him and Stefan. I was brought out of my thoughts when my phone buzzed.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello Elena," I froze she I realized it was Katherine.

"Katherine," I breathed.

"Hand me the damn phone Elena," Damon growled.

I handed the phone to Damon as he put it on speaker.

"What the hell do you want Katherine?" Damon asks.

"Well of course I want Stefan and I have him, compelled him to love me like he did back in 1864," Katherine answers. I could feel her smirk.

"Leave Stefan alone," I yell.

"Oh so now you love him?" She laughs.

"Katherine what do you really want?" Damon growls.

"Elena dead of course," she says.

"Fine," I said.

"Elena no no no no no, did I mention, No!" Damon yells at me.

"She won't stop till she gets what she wants and you know that yourself Damon!" I yell.

I lost him. I know I did. And there is no way I'm getting him back anytime soon.

"You have till 10 tonight or Stefan dies himself too," Katherine says.

"I'll be dead by 5," I said.

"Good and I want actual proof," Katherine says hanging up.

"I have a plan, but it maybe hard. I need Alaric's ring, tell her it won't work on me but I have it in memory of Jer," I said.

Damon nodded his head. How was this gonna play out? I'm gonna have to leave Mystic Falls in order for her to actually believe I'm gone and I know exactly where I'm going. I'm going with Sam to be with him and his brother.

-

"I'll miss you but this will be the best," Damon says.

"I'll miss you too and I'll be back when Katherine is gone. Give her the cure in 10 years and I'll come back, for Stefan," I said.

I slid the ring on and Damon snapped my neck until all I seen was nothing but pure darkness.

A/N: Oh boy, this has just gotten good. Hope everyone is enjoying it!