8

*Elena's P.O.V*

I was laughing with Sam about something he did when he was a child. I had the urge to kiss him and I did. It turned out to be a heated make out session until we pulled away for air.

"That was," Sam says.

"Amazing," I smile.

He leaned in once more and we kissed once again.

"This is wrong you know that Elena?" Sam asks.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"But it feels so right," Sam chuckles.

I laughed with him. Why does he make me feel like Stefan does? Damn it, I miss Stefan.

"Hey are you okay?" Sam asks.

"No, you remind me so much of Stefan and I miss him but I can't go back to Mystic Falls while Katherine is still alive," I said.

"It'll be okay, you got me," Sam said.

"You're not mad that I'm still in love with Stefan even if I kissed you?" I asks.

"No, remember what I told you about Jessica?" Sam asks.

"Yes," I reply.

"It's the same with me but I'll never have her back. She died because of me," Sam says.

"I know that feeling. A lot of people I care about die or get hurt because of me," I said.

Sam nodded his head because the same damn thing has happened to him. We're both so young and been through a lot. He lost both of his parents and I did too. He lost Jessica and I lost Stefan.

"Shouldn't you be looking for a hunt? You haven't been on one since the night Dean and Castiel died," I asks.

"I'm thinking about quitting. I never wanted to be a hunter but with Jessica's death, it brought be back," Sam says.

"Oh," was all I could say.

"Any names yet?" Sam asks.

"Yes, Isobel," I smile.

"Beautiful," he says.

"She's named after my vampire mother who was compelled to kill herself in front of me," I flinch at the memory.

It was the day Klaus took over Alaric's body and not long after he took control of Stefan. Made him the ripper he once was. But I never left him, I stayed by his side. Yes I kissed Damon, twice. When I thought he was dying and the night he kissed me. I regret those because of Stefan. He's my world. He made me feel alive.

-

I was cleaning the kitchen when my phone started ringing. It was Stefan. I can't answer. Katherine is still alive. I'd be too afraid to answer. I don't want to hurt him. So I just let it ring. It would hurt both of us if I did answer.

I turned my phone off in case he tried to call again. See his name pop up, made me miss him even more.

-

I was writing in my diary once again when I started to crave pickles. I put my diary down and walked to the kitchen to grab the jar of pickles out of the refrigerator and went to sit down on the couch. I decided to turn on a movie and I drifted off to sleep.

*Stefan's P.O.V*

Elena hasn't been answering my calls. She's probably afraid because it has been over 2 years. I just hope she's okay. I miss her so much. She went through so much trouble to make sure I lived.

I can never repay her. She's the one for me. I just hope she'll be home soon. I wonder if Caroline calls, she'll answer.

-

"Hey Caroline, can you do me a huge favor," I ask.

"Sure Stef, what is it?" She asks.

"Call Elena and let me have your phone. There's a bigger chance she'll answer you," I said.

Caroline whipped out her phone and called Elena.

I held the phone with shaking hands. I let out a deep breath. I was beyond nervous. This was the first contact with Elena that I've had in over two years. When I finally heard her voice I started crying.

"Elena, it's me Stefan," I sobbed.

"I though-"

"Katherine is dead and I'm coming for you baby, where are you?" I ask.

She told me and we was on our way to get my true love.

*Elena's P.O.V*

Katherine is dead now. I get to see Stefan again and I get to go home. I was beyond excited that I started crying. Sam rushed in and I told him. He had the sad look. 

"I'll come visit you, it'll be different without you here but I'm glad you get to go back home," Sam says.

"Thank you Sam for everything the past couple of years. I mean it," I smile.

I went to start packing with Sam's help. I was finally going home.

A/N: Sorry for the late update and that this chapter is short. I haven't had a phone and no internet plus I've been working and doing classes to become a CNA. Hope you enjoy this chapter, what do you expect do happen?