Chapter 5

What filled the room was full dead silence. As I walked by, what looked like hundreds of demons surrounded me. All of them had different eye colors – purple, blue, green, turquoise, black, brown and so much more. They were fanged and had wings. They looked like gargoyles. Their looks made me insecure, but I finally remembered I looked like a creature you would not like to mess with.

I could see a king’s throne from here. And someone was sitting on it. Everyone knows who he is, Hades. He sat up from his throne and started to walk a few steps towards me. Before a second passed by, I met face to face with him.

“What do I call you?” he asked.

I was surprised how he didn’t ask what or who I was because look at me, I have a crown of snakes on my head, red eyes and a pretty dress. Isn’t that weird?

“Medusa,” I replied.

He studied me for a moment with his yellow-green eyes. Those eyes remind me of a black cat. Well, he is Hades, the god of hell. He squinted at me and his eyes widened.

“Let me guess, you don’t know what has happened to you..?”

“How do you know that?”

He ignored my question.

“Huh. This hot mess is called cursed?” he mumbled.

“Worshipper of Athena.. Poseidon’s consort, then cursed by Athena for no reason as it wasn’t your fault..”

 “Yes. How do you know that?!” I asked again.

“Someone told me you were coming. Come, we have much to talk about of your confusion.”

I followed him into a room where it was freezing cold even though fire was everywhere and it is supposed to be warm here in hell. The furniture in the room was scarce though, there was a beautifully carved table and chairs. The legs on the table looked like gargoyles were supporting the table. I sat as he told me to.

“Tell me why do you think you were cursed.”

“Oh. Probably Athena is actually out of her mind?! I didn’t even do anything! I was a victim! She is such an idiot!

“Calm down. She cursed you because your boyfriend in Earth, Neptune, AKA Poseidon. When he poured the champagne to the glass, he added the drug, Lunesta. That’s why you found powder on your glass and how he was acting weird. Athena then got annoyed by this and she cursed your beautiful long highlighted hair to snakes. Your blue eyes to blood red ones and she never wanted anyone to see you ever again so your eyes can turn people to stone.”

“So why am I not freezing you into stone now?”

“It is because of your snake necklace. Poseidon charmed the necklace. Your ring makes you have the ability to summon creatures of any kind. Of course, now it’s empty so you can’t summon any.”

“So how do I get to summon the creatures?”

“And that gets me to the next point. You have a quest to finish. Your first quest is in hell.”

“So how do I start?”