Chapter 7

The monster roared so loudly it shook the forest. The gigantic bat that was in my estimation, fifteen feet away was now face to face to me. I could feel every breath it breathed. The white eyes although blind stared right into mine. My snakes rose their head and the neon eyes shone as bright as the sun and I thought the bat would freeze and I smiled but I just remembered that this bat was blind.

This would be a tough battle to beat, I thought. But I remembered, finally, I had the iced shuriken. The creature bared its fangs at me but I hid the fear that was engulfing my body. Before I could brace myself for any attack that would come, a punch came to my abdomen that was totally unexpected. The ugly monster grinned evilly and once again bared its fangs.

I got up and stood again. The shuriken was still in my hand so I threw the shuriken at the demon and he dodged the attack of it.

Another unexpected kick hit my abdomen and I flew a few feet away. As the iced weapon spiraling back like a tornado, I caught and clipped it in between my index and middle finger. I got up again and rose my hands to the air. I closed my eyes as I felt the warm blood turned icy. The icy blood surged through my heart and veins. I inhaled slowly as I felt the cold blood taking over me. As I exhaled steadily, I opened my eyes and I pointed my fingertips to the bat demon.

Ice beams shot out of my fingers and struck the demon. He was charging at me but the beam froze him and he fell. I laughed at his fail attempt to strike me again. One of his arms were dead frozen and I cackled at the pain as I knew the ice would never melt.

As the gigantic bat struggled to free his hand from the ice, I had the chance to strike. I didn’t want to use the shuriken anymore or the ice. I wanted to try something new. I ran towards the demon and jumped to kick him straight in the face. He managed to bite my ankle. I freaked out as I knew bats could transfer rabies. I tried my best to struggle free but he gripped tight with his teeth. I finally had an idea. Since I’m Medusa and I have snakes on my head, why not? Since he bit my ankle, I’ll do the same. My mouth opened and I bit him on the neck. With a high pitched screech, he finally let free my leg.

 I landed on the ground again as I noticed that there were big bite bloody marks on the bats neck. My fingers grazed my canines and they were as sharp as razors. The bat opened its wings full wingspan. The big fur-covered wings flapped twice and he was in the air already.

The monster charged at me full speed ahead. I breathed in. I felt the ice pumping to my body once more. I threw the shuriken again and this time infused it with more ice; it became an ice ball. The shuriken and monster were charging to each other together. The human-sized bat crashed with the ball of ice and landed a foot away. The ice cracked, broke apart and came back to me spiraling. As it came back, I threw it back once more.

The bat monster flew towards me and went in for the bite again. It bit my throat and it bled non stop. I inhaled deeply the humid air surrounding me and closed my eyes. I could feel the aura of the bat flying to the air again. My face faced the direction of where the bat flew and I breathed out heavily.

A big blizzard and hail came out from my mouth and shot the bat directly. I smiled evilly and thought the monster was losing. But I felt something else behind me. The bat disappeared and that was when I figured that it was an illusion. The bat was actually behind me. It kicked me from the back and I fell to the ground. He brought me high up to the sky and dropped me. I had no energy left. This is the end.

Suddenly I saw a man coming through the trees and shot an arrow at the bat. I dropped to the ground hard with a thump and I passed out.