Chapter 2

*Chris POV*

God hates you!

Written in large, black letters on my locker. It's been there for about a week, but the school won't do anything to help the queer.

I sigh and get out my English books. The emo kid ran away pretty quick. Maybe to... to cut. I hate saying that.

"Cutting." It's like, it's like you're cutting off your life. I prefer the term "self harm." Or, even better, nothing.

I can feel someone standing behind me.

"Hey, faggot."

Marcus. Shit.

I turn around slowly.

"Hi there, Marcus. Can I help you with something?"

He pulls his fist back and punches me in the stomach. Hard.

I double over. "Okie dokie, that's not nice,"

He grabs my hair and slams me into the floor.

"Don't talk to me like that, queer."

He has one foot pinning my chest down and the other one is repeatedly connecting with my side. I try not to make any sound.

He eventually gets tired of this and yanks me up by my hair.

He slams my head back into the locker.

"Oh, fuck!" There are tears of pain in my eyes. That was nasty.

"Shut up, faggot." Marcus hisses in my face. He slams my head back again.

Then, holding my head against the locker with one hand, he uses to other to smash into my face. I can feel my lip split open. It's not a rare occurrence.

He drops me to the floor again, but this time he just walks away.

I try to pick up my trampled English books, but my head is all fuzzy and I can't focus.

I eventually decide to just go into the bathroom to clean up my face.

My lip stings as I try and wipe off the blood.

I start thinking about the emo kid.

Why do they hate him so much?

He hasn't done anything. He's just fragile. He just needs someone to look after him.

Oh well. His problem, not mine.

*PJ POV*

When I wake up, my mind is fuzzy and I almost forget about the cuts.

Almost.

I get in the shower. It stings and I like it.

I think about the gay kid. He doesn't have many friends. Well, he doesn't have any friends, everyone knows that.

I look at myself in the mirror.

You're so fat. And ugly. You're worthless, you know that PJ? Yeah, I know.

I get dressed quickly to stop myself from looking in the mirror too long.

Black skinny jeans, a long sleeved jumper. Victim clothes, basically.

I blow dry my hair and then walk to school. I really, seriously don't want to. But I can't stay at home. There are too many blades there.

I lock myself in a toilet stall until I hear the bell. I walk into the classroom, trying not to be noticed.

As I walk behind the gay boy, I glance down at his phone. He is uploading a picture of Gerard Way under the username of "mcrbootyarmy". It takes all my self conservation not to collapse into giggles.

No-one is blocking my desk today, thank god.

I sit down and bury my head in my hands, like every other day. I don't want to see anything.

I want it all to end.

*Chris POV*

School drags on and on. Jesus Christ. Don't they know that no-one cares?

I keep glancing at Emo Kid. He always keep his head down. Never says anything. If a teacher asks him something he will just stare blankly until they pick someone else.

He leaves as soon as the last period ends. Hurrying from the classroom and out of the gates.

I get up almost lazily, silently praying that those idiots have better things to do than beat me up. I don't complain about it, sure, but that doesn't mean I like getting smashed in the head.

It appears they've had their fix of injuring me today though, I walk home free.

My mum is sitting at the kitchen table, reading the newspaper.

"Hey mum,"

She looks up and smiles. "Hi sweetie. Listen, I got a call from your English teacher today, you missed the lesson-"

I cut her off by rolling my eyes. "Mum, we all go to hell."

She narrows her eyes. "Did you just make a My Chemical Romance reference to me? I was the one who introduced you to them, remember Chris."

I laugh. "Sorry mum. And I'm sorry I missed the lesson."

I move to go upstairs. She coughs.

"Sorry isn't enough. Why did you miss it?"

I shrug. "I- um, I tripped up so I had to clean myself up." Half-truth, perfect. Apart from Mum knows me well.

"Did... did someone beat you up, Chris?"

I look at the ground and nod.

"Well, you're gonna have to beat them back."

I break into a relieved smile. "Love you, mum. I'm going to do some homework."

Well, if I'm honest I'm going to blog about Gerard Way, but some things are better left unsaid.