Epilogue

Universe roared and tried to free his mother. No! Mama! His mind cried out sadly. He looked at his Father. 

"Why would you do that to mama?" Universe sobbed. 

"It was for Shad— I mean for your safety." He replied smugly. Father never acted like this. He always was kind to Universe and to Mother. Universe growled and tried to attack Father. 

"No one hurts my Mother!" He roared angrily. Father smiled and dodged easily. Shadow walked up to Revenge and looked down at Universe. 

"Take him to his room." Shadow said with a wave of her talons. "Make sure the new prince is comfortable." Universe struggles every time he heard his Mother's sad roars. He thought he could hear her mind somewhere in the distance. I knew it. I'm a horrible person. Why did I ever love him? Why did he ever love me? 

"Oh mother..." Universe whispered. He hung his head sadly, waiting for his chance to strike. The gaurds put Universe in a huge room with lots of gold and toys to play with. There was soft pillows, scrolls to read, a mini crown for Universe, a fake spear to practice with. Universe blinked. Am I supposed to be a soldier? He thought for a while, then looked at his talons. He shook his head and sighed. There's a window...maybe I could fly... wait no...I can't fly for long otherwise I'd get tired. What if they caught me? 

     Universe paced the room, thinking and thinking until he could think no more. He sat down on the pillows and tried to speak to his mother through telepathy. Universe looked at his talons again. I know what to do. How to talk to mother. Universe smiled, thinking of what his mother would hear. She has the teardrop already, so she just needs the power. Universe stood up and tried to find an object to enchant. After all, Universe could feel a strange tingling in his talons. That only meant 9ne thing, he was an animus. 

   Universe finally picked up a small price of dust. This way it won't look suspicious. Universe smiled and closed his eyes. 

"I enchant this dust particle to go to Destinychooser the NightWing, touch her once, and give her mind reading powers." Universe opened his eyes, and the peice of dust was gone. That should work. Suddenly, Universe could hear his mother's mind calling out. Hello? What happened? Why am I able to read minds? Universe jumped with joy. Mother! You can hear me!

Universe! What did you do? How can I talk to you without speaking? 

Universe only smiled and looked at his talons. I enchanted you! His mind cried out joyfully.

Universe...don't use your power...that kind of power if used wrong...it can destroy the world......