Chapter 3

September 26th, 2014

Hi again!

Sorry for not updating in a while. I actually managed to lose this diary and I literally freaked out when one day I found it lying on our kitchen table. I still have no idea how it ended up there nor did anyone ever read it.

These last weeks have been so confusing! The guy, Levi, he's one big mystery to me. Looks cute, smiles, but almost never talks. Not even with his friends. He always seems so chill and it kinda creeps me out. Maybe he's just shy. I'm shy too but not like that - I'm super talkative with my friends and family but when I meet new people I totally freeze out. To me it seems like he's an observer.

How do you know if you have a crush on someone? Whenever our eyes meet, I awkwardly blush and feel this weird sensation inside me. You know, those famous "butterflies" in your stomach. I've got to admit that I LOVE that feeling!! Still, I don't get it too often since we're in different classes and have mutual lessons only once a week. Sucks. I think I'm seriously falling for this guy... Or am I? Is this just an illusion? Should I tell Lenore that I can't get this guy out of my mind?

Enough contemplating. Now I want to share one thing that happened during our latest bio class. Everytime I think about it, it kinda creeps me out but also makes me feel so happy. Anyways - our teacher told that we are going to study different animal species in pairs, and then give a presentation to the class. Me and Lenore started already discussing what our topic would be, until the teacher told that he had picked pairs for us. When I heard that, my heart started beating so fast that I thought it would collapse. I started to look around the class and saw that there were only about 10 students present. The probability of being Levi's pair wasn't that small after all. BUT THEN THE TEACHER ANNOUNCED THE PAIRS. AND GUESS WHO WAS PUT AS LEVI'S PAIR??? Me! I started to think had the teacher noticed me and Levi staring at each other and wanted to pair us because of it... I don't know.

For few moments I couldn't even look at Levi, because my cheeks were burning and I tried to calm down myself. When I was about to go talk to him (about our presentation), I noticed that he had left the class. I was so sure that he was there only a minute ago! I got up, went to the hallway and saw hin walking towards the class. Ah, he probably just went to school bathroom or something. Then he noticed me and smiled... My heart started beating fast again. Stupid uncontrollable organs. I was so afraid that he would eventually notice my nervousness!!! Anyways, we said hi to each other and went back to the class. Then we started doing some background research on animal species. We decided to do our presentation on chickens, haha. Time went so fast and we barely talked (because we both were searching for information...)

I hope that our next bio class won't be this awkward and I have the courage to talk to him more.

Aviana Driscoll