Guitarist-Raph

Request 

Raphael 2012

I strummed mindless through familiar chords. With nothing in particular in mind, no need or passion driving me to play anything. I just sat. 

It didn't take long for my hand to pick a melody, probably from muscle memory. It's slow steady beats, repetitive and predictable. If I wanted it to carry on forever, I could, if I wanted to move on, I could. 

I leaned back and felt the cool breeze of the night blow in. The compromise. I could either have my windows locked and muffle out some of the noise of the city that never slept, or I could open the window and feel some of the outside world. To know that space and reality and peace existed outside this apartment, this room. I would leave eventually. To do what, I wasn't all too sure, so I focused on constants.

The sun rose and set every day. My family would be here, whether I wanted them to or not. I would always be able to escape through this guitar. And I would always have the love and affection of my favorite pair of green eyes.

I looked up at him as he jumped through the window, landing gracefully, and shutting the curtains, but never the window. 

"What's wrong?" Raph asked, concern erasing his smile. 

"Nothing?" I wasn't sad. At least I didn't think so.

"Hmm." He took sat on the floor next to me and rested his head on my shoulder. "Play something for me."

"Any requests?"

"The first thing that comes to mind."

The little shit. He thought he'd get to my emotions through whatever I choose to play. So played old Mcdonald had a farm. 

"So...you mad?"

I laughed at him. "No dork. I was just thinking too much. But now you're here."

"Is that a problem?" he smirked in my direction. I'd already said this before.

"Yeah. You're distracting."

"How so?"

I started to play mary had a little lamb, just to mess him even more. He leaned over and grabbed my hand to keep from strumming the annoying tune. I sighed. "Because I start thinking about how much I like you. And how annoying you are, that's why."

He laughed. "Okay, I'll just leave."

"No," I pouted, holding his arm to keep him from standing.

"Then play for me for real."

"Okay."