Super Special Christmas Bonus!

Hello, Munchkins! I missed you all so much! I know, this book was completed like two years ago, but I couldn't notice how much attention it's been getting lately. So, I decided to create yet another bonus chapter and it's probably going to be the last. In 2018, I've been working on the sequel for my paranormal romance, Arden. I'm almost finished.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanza, and all that jazz!

Now, let's see what trouble Aiden, Corey, and Jessie are getting into...

Corey

12 Years Old

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Mom," I groaned. It's not fair. It's not fair at all.

"I said yes and that's final." She answers me. I frown and she gives me a serious look. She hated when I pouted and complained. Mom continues to squint her eyes as she digs through her pink purse. I think she was looking for her glasses. Mom is always losing her glasses.

"But, I don't understand." I look to Jessie who was leaning against the table. "Why him?"

"He's old enough to take care of you guys."

"Just a year older, mom." I roll my eyes.

"A year older is still older." She grumbles still trudging through her bag. "Plus, I trust him, Corey."

I fold my arms and glare at Jessie again. He gives me a teasing look. Jessie was a nuisance of a brother. I'm actually convinced he wasn't my brother. It's impossible for a creature so stupid and disgusting to be related to Mom and me.

Jessie grabs some of the grapes on the table and throws them into his mouth before he speaks. I couldn't understand what he was saying because he was an absolute pig.

"What about Ms.Walker across the street?" I ask my mom as I follow her to the door. "She can watch us."

"You know Ms. Walker can't do that, Corey. She's been sick for a while now." She sets her purse down and grabs her boots she always keeps by the door. The black ones that had a little heel on them. They're her favorite pair and she wears them almost every day.

"In fact, I think I'm actually capable of taking care of myself." I shrug and give her a hopeful look- maybe she'll consider my offer.

"No, you're not." She decides for me and stands up, wedging her foot into one of the boots. She looks at me through her thick frames and gives me a stern look. "Jessie is going to be in charge of Aiden and you. If anything happens, you listen to him. Understand?"

I sigh in defeat. "Yes," I mumble. Jessie of all people. He had to watch me. He could barely take care of Wilbur- the goldfish he had in the fifth grade.

"I don't know why you're arguing with Mom." Jessie appears from the kitchen and joins us at the door. His medium length hair wasn't done- probably because he's been sleeping all day. I'm pretty sure there's a rat living up there. "You heard her, you have to listen to me. I'm the teenager."

"The dumb teenager," I reply smartly, cutting my eyes at him.

"I'm going to be fourteen soon."

"In eleven months."

"But I'm the one who's graduating and going into high school. So why doesn't the middle schooler listen to her mommy, and go play with her dolls."

"I don't have dolls," I tell Jessie. "You're the one with all the stupid dolls."