[22]

A T H E N A
¡☆🎲☆¡

It was the middle of the night and I woke up to a pounding sound on the door. My dad was out of town for a couple of days so I knew it wasn't him.

I got up and Daniel followed me downstairs, Corbyn also woke up and came down with us. I opened the door to see Jack, high off his ass.

"Heeyy Thena!" He giggles.

"Are you high?" Corbyn questions.

"Bingo! We have a winner." Jack exclaims. "Why? You wanna join me?"

I drag him inside and push him onto the couch. I brush a blue strand from out of my face and shoot him a glare.

"You need sleep." I tell him.

"Not here. What if dad comes back?" Corbyn questions.

Daniel nods in agreement and I sigh. "We'll take him home."

"N-no! I c-can't go home." Jack stammers suddenly looking scared.

"Wh-why?" Daniel asks.

"I just can't." Jack explains. "Please, don't make me go back."

"Okay. We'll take you to a motel or something." Corbyn says.

Jack nods his head and we all pile into my car.

I drive to the nearest motel which is about 2miles away and book Jack a room.

We head into his room and Corbyn and Daniel head out to get some food.

"You look really pretty right now, you know?" Jack says into the silence.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"I said I think your really pretty." He laughs. "With the moonlight and your new hair."

"Uh... thanks." I mutter.

He edges closer to me on the bed and I give him a confused glance. "Jack, what are you doing?"

"I- you have a nice face." He whispers, putting a hand to my cheek and leaning in.

"Jack stop!" I say, brushing his hand away and turning my face.

Jack doesn't respond and holds his head in his hands.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He kept whispering, over and over again.

"Hey Jack, it's okay." I comfort.

"No it's not! I shouldn't have tried to kiss you." He sobs.

"You tried to kiss her?" Corbyn shouts from the doorway.

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to kis-" Jack wails but gets cut off.

"You c-cant g-go aro-around k-kiss-kissing other pe-people's g-girlf-friends." Daniel states.

"I-I know I'm sorry. God! I'm such a fuck up." Jack shouts at himself.

"Hey, don't say that. It was accident. Guys cut him some slack, he's high off his ass, he doesn't know what he's thinking." I state.

"I guess your right. Jack I'm sorry." Corbyn apologies.

"M-me t-t-too." Daniel agrees.

"We'll see you in the morning." I say to Jack. "Are you gonna be okay?"

"Y-Yeah sure. See you... in the morning." Jack mumbles.

Jack Avery died that night. A gunshot wound to the head.

It was a suicide.

We should've checked his backpack. We should've helped him with the demons he kept inside of his head.

But we couldn't.

Jack was afraid of himself.

¡☆🎲☆¡