Chapter 6: Finding Out

Hey.

Interesting thing happens in this chapter. Well, I think it's interesting.

Enjoy!

***********************************

Here we all were.

The final training lesson of Dragon Training.

This is intense.

I stood near the top of the arena and looked through the gates down at Hiccup and Astrid.

"Stay out of my way, I'm winning this thing," she said. "Good. Please, by all means," said Hiccup. Astrid went off and Hiccup stood and looked at me making me smile uneasily at him as he did the same.

"This time, this time for sure! AHHHHHHH!!!" Astrid jumped over the hurdles towards the Gronckle only to see he was already on the ground "defeated" by Hiccup. Everyone cheered.

"No! No, son of a half-troll, rat- eating, munge bucket!" said Astrid in fury while swinging her ax making me laugh mentally. She's honestly real funny when she gets mad.

Gothi banged her stick on the ground. "Wait, wait!" said Stoick. "So later," said Hiccup trying to leave. "Oh, not so fast," said Gobber bringing him back. "Uh, uh, I'm kind of late..."

"What? Late for what exactly?!" asked Astrid pointing her ax against Hiccup's neck. "Ok quiet down! The elder has decided," said Stoick. Gobber went in between Hiccup and Astrid. He lifted his metal hand above Astrid's head and Gothi shook her head no. Everyone gasped. Gobber pointed to Hiccup and Gothi nodded.

Everyone cheered and I ran down to Hiccup with everyone else cheering. "You did it Hiccup! You get to kill the dragon!" said Gobber. "That's my boy!" said Stoick. Fishlegs threw Hiccup on his shoulders and Hiccup nervously laughed. Hiccup got put down and he grabbed my hand and looked at me. "We are so...

Time Skip

"Leaving!" he said. We were in the cove where Angel and Toothless lives and Hiccup had his stuff. "Wait. What? Isn't this what you wanted?" I asked. "Not exactly," he said. I folded my arms. "And what makes you think I want to leave, I have a dad you know..."

"So do I. I just thought that we both should leave with the dragons and possibly never come back. The village won't understand us. Plus we're best friends. What do ya say?" asked Hiccup. I sighed. "You're crazy. But, that's why I love you," I said lightly punching his arm making him smile and blush a bit. We both went to the basket he bought talking when we had looked up and seen Astrid.

"WHAT THE-?!"

"Umm... what are you doing here?" questioned Hiccup. "I wanna know what's going on between you two," she said getting up. She walked towards Hiccup making him back up but I didn't budge and I pushed her back a little. "Nothing's going on Astrid," I stated looked in her eyes. "Mhmm. Then how do you explain this?" asked Astrid grabbing Hiccup's outfit and glancing at mine. "They're outfits!" said Hiccup.

'Really Hiccup?'

Astrid and Hiccup went back and forth a bit more and I did with them too until before you knew it. Astrid had seen Toothless and Angel and pushed us to the ground. "Run! Run!" she said getting ready to swing her ax as the dragons ran towards us growling. Hiccup jumped up and snatched her ax from her and threw it to the side as I stopped Angel and Toothless from jumping on her.

"Ssssh, it's okay. She's a friend," I said. I looked at Astrid. "You scared them," said Hiccup. "I scared them?! Who is them?" asked Astrid hesitantly. "Angel, Astrid. Astrid, Angel," I said. "Astrid, Toothless, Toothless, Astrid," said Hiccup. They both snarled making her run off. "Dun, dun, dun, we're dead," said Hiccup.

Toothless walked off. "I don't know but, you can deal with her, Angel and I are going away for a minute," I said. Hiccup nodded and followed Toothless asking him where he was going and I ran off with Angel following.

Angel chased me through the woods making me laugh. She was super fast so she easily caught up to me. We were just running through the woods and playing around when...

ROAR!!

"Angel!!" I said. She fell to the ground and I immediately ran over to her. "What happened?" I looked over her and saw the scales on her wing was ripped open. I then remembered that there were indeed some places in the woods that have dragon traps and we must have set one off. "Sorry Angel! I forgot, let's get you home so we can heal you." I lifted her up on her legs carefully and she whimpered in pain. "I know it hurts girl, just bare with me." I pet her and took her home carefully.

When I got home, I laid her near my bed. "I'll be back, I have to go make something for your wing," I said. She whimpered, scared of being alone, but I reassured her and left after closing my door and telling her to stay quiet.

I made some healing stuff for Angel and went back home.

I heard a roar.

"Angel!" I called out running to my room.

'Not again!'

I busted down my door and saw my dad, with his sword, pointed at Angel and they were both glaring at each other. "Ang-!"

"Get over here! You stay away from that beast!" said dad pulling me towards him. "I may not kill them but I don't trust them either," he said making Angel snort. I was gonna say something but Angel had whimpered/roar out a bit in pain again and fell to the floor after trying to stand. I got out my dad's grip and ran over to her helping her. "Kaida!" he scolded. "She needs my help!" I said back. He lowered his sword and walked a little closer.

"What happened?" he asked. "We let off one of the traps in the woods," I said. I put the healing stuff on Angel and wrapped her wing. She purred and licked me making me giggle. "You guys seem like more than acquaintances," he commented. I looked at him sadly. "Sorry dad, we had actually met back when I was younger. I was gonna tell you eventually," I said looking down.

My dad lifted my chin and bend down to my height. "It's okay sweetie, I'm glad you have another friend. Even if she's a dragon. I just gotta learn to trust her," he said ruffling my hair. "Thanks dad!!" I said. He smiled and nodded.

Time Skip

Angel and my dad got acquainted and right now, I was drawing in my book of dragons. It was night time.

I heard a knock on my door. "Come in!" I said. "Hey Kai- why is Angel here?!" asked Hiccup frantically. I could tell by the voice. I looked up to him and he went over to Angel. She smiled silly and purred, happy to see him as he rubbed her. "No worries Hic. Dad already knows about her," I said scooting to the end of my bed. "Oh, what happened to her though?" he asked looking at the bandage on her wing.

"We set off a trap in the woods and she got hit by it," I looked at Angel. "Should be healed real soon." Hiccup walked over to me. "Oh. So let me tell you what I saw today.... the dragon's nest," he said. "Oh really?!" I asked half surprised half not. "Yes! Astrid and I were flying on Toothless when Toothless had taken us to it. It's kind of like he didn't have control though...."

'Just like Angel...'

"Maybe something was luring him in. We Vikings have tried to find it but couldn't which leads me to believe that only a dragon can find the island," I said. "Maybe, I also want to say forget about leaving. I'll try to get everyone to understand at the test tomorrow," he said.

I frowned. "I hope you know what you're doing."

Hiccup smiled a bit. "Don't worry Kay, I've got this."

*********************************

Hmm.

Good chapter.

Make sure to vote, comment, share and follow.

Love you guys,

Pandi🐼