The Problem With Jay

Kai POV

There is this feeling when you meet people. Sometimes it is insecurities, sometimes it is that you know you won't get along with the person, or sometimes it is like you know that this person is supposed to be in your life. I never felt any of these with Jay.

Jay was different right from the start. He had a different background than all of us. He had both of his parents. He had this happy childhood that the rest of us wished that we had. He was happy, so what has changed about him so much in the course of after the death of Zane.

Jay often locked himself in his room. When he was out of his room, he wouldn't say a word. In fact, he would often zone out when all of us were talking or arguing. It was like he was disappearing into nothingness. I think when we noticed that something was truly wrong about 3 days before the funeral. Jay got a letter.

We watched as he opened the letter. Emotions filled his face as he read the letter. It was like he was living this story he could never believe. He then grabbed the letter and ran to his room only to come back with a backpack. Without another word, he left. 

We didn't see Jay again until the funeral. We honestly weren't expecting to, but we did. That is when we noticed that only Edna was at the funeral. That is when we knew that something was very wrong. Ed and Edna were always together, so where was Ed?

We carefully watched Jay the rest of the funeral. That is when he got a phone call. A phone call that would change our relationship with Jay forever. All though we didn't know it at the time, the T.V. station offered Jay a job, and without a hesitation, he took it.

After the funeral is when he left. We never saw him In person again after that. Not that I blame him. We all went to do our separate things. 

When we arrived at The Tournament Of Elements, I did not expect to see him. I never thought that I would see him again. Yet, here he is standing next to Chen and Skylor. He looked different from the last time that any of us have seen him.

His skin was a deadly pale, and his eyes are the color of a deadly storm. He looked lifeless even though he was alive. He showed no emotion when he walked up next to Chen. I saw that the little emotion that he did show is when he smiled at Skylor.

That is when things took a turn for the worst. His face was becoming red. You could tell that he couldn't breath. He looked around dizzy like. That is when Chen took notice. Skylir noticed Jay awhile ago.

"Jay, my son, are you alright?" Chen asked with concern.

Before Jay could answer, his body fell. I watched how Skylor ran to his side. I watched as Skylor helped him in any way that she could. She then placed a hand on his forehead. She then walked over to her father. My brothers and I were the only ones that heard what she said.

"He had a panic attack. It was caused by seeing his former teammates. He will be fine, he just needs some rest. I suggest that you keep my fiance away from former enemies." Skylor said.

That is when she helped a partial awake Jay into what I am going to assume is their bedroom.

"What happened to you Jay? What happened to our brother?"