A visit from a Spider

I knocked on my homeroom door and Mrs. Realing motioned for me to come in. I peeked inside searching for Alexander and hopefully an empty seat near him and just as I did I realized he was right in front of me I looked next to him and noticed Jace was sitting next to him with a snap of my fingers Jace was sitting in the seat behind him and I was sitting next to Alexander. Jace was actually a pretty good friend of mine and I did not mind him spending time with Alexander but sometimes the two got on my nerves. Nobody can see my magic if I freeze time for a few seconds another rare magical ability I seem to have, the only person who seemed to notice I used magic was Raven who was sitting at the back of the room and gave me a warning look. Raven did not like it when I used my magic in public or too much, so using it in front of the entire classroom made him a bit uncomfortable. I looked at Alexander and Jace's confused looks as they realized that they were no longer sitting together I snapped my fingers making them think it was just their imagination. At this point, I saw a little ant carrying a tiny piece of paper across my desk, it was from Raven no doubt being an ainmhí warlock he probably sent the poor little ant to pass the note. I looked around to make sure no one was looking to my luck everyone was focused on Mrs. Realings morning announcements. I carefully picked up the tiny piece of paper which grew to a bigger size and then whispered a thank you to the little ant as I snapped my fingers giving her a nice big cookie crumb as I watched her happily walking away. I then read the note it said " That's enough magic for today Brighid, you keep this up and we will be caught by the end of the day! Why are you even using magic at school? You rarely do that, and why in the world were you late to class? I want answers after first period. NO MORE MAGIC!!" he was right I rarely use magic at school, especially in public. I forgot everything I was thinking about as Alexander reached out for my hand he did not look at me he just held my hand and made me feel like the luckiest girl alive. After first period Raven walked towards me I froze the room "I said no more magic Brighid!" he said looking slightly annoyed "sorry" I said feeling genuinely sorry " What's going on Brighid why are you acting like this" he asked a little less annoyed "It's just... I ... umm..I'll tell you after school ok" I said a bit worried not actually knowing how to explain the little girl incident. After a while, he said "fine but I expect the full story after school" to which I replied a simple "ok" he went back to being the friendly Raven I know and love. As he went back to his seat he said " Oh and one last thing, stop using your magic to sit next to Alexander you don't always have to sit next to him you know" "If you say so" I replied in a singsongy voice. With a snap of my fingers everything was back to normal. The rest of the morning went by quickly and it was soon time to return home. I walked outside with Alexander and we said our goodbyes. Jace was always telling me I should kiss him because Alexander had tried to on so many occasions and I really did want to but I had been warned that if a girl like me ever kisses a mortal there could be serious consequences. So I was simply forced to be the shy girl who had never kissed a guy before. Although Jace continued on trying to convince me to kiss him. After I said goodbye I pulled out my pocket mirror and reapplied my red lipstick a big staple to my signature look I wore it so much the school had decided to actually let me wear it during school hours. When I got home I took a quick shower and started getting ready for dinner since May was coming. I sat down on my vanity to finish applying my makeup and add the finishing touches to my hair but I ended up getting distracted by the sunset outside my window. I suddenly saw something black on my nightstand a black spider exactly the same as the one I hade seen on the girl's arm earlier today "strange" I thought but quickly went back to messing with my hair as the spider climbed its way outside. A few moments later I saw a girl appear out of nowhere. I stared at the now older but similar looking girl with black hair she was wearing a black tank top and denim shorts. I decided to go tell Fae and Raven about all this and walked out of my room as I did I heard the doorbell ring. "RAVEN MAYS HERE" I heard my aunt say as we all came out of our rooms. I walked down the stairs and that's when I saw her it... she.. was the same girl who was just walking down the street.. she ... was... may. Not wanting to make it too obvious I had already seen her I greeted her and to my surprise, she already knew my name "It's nice to finally meet you Brighid" she said in a serious tone "Raven!!" she said clinging onto his arm after greeting everyone. As we sat down for dinner I couldn't help but notice how flirtatious she was with Raven and even my own uncle, right in front of my aunt, Fae, and I how dare she!! Still, there was something peculiar about that girl something sorta magical...