Chapter 29: Miami

So yay I have one of the best double updates for you guys! This chapter is ok but my favorite is the next one! Don't forget to comment and I hope you enjoy! Also, school starts on the 2nd for me so I will try and update again before it starts!

Martin's P.O.V.

"Dude are you going to spill or what?" Julian asked leaning forward in his seat. "About what?" I said my mouth still full of food. "About the girl you damn idiot!" he said using both his arms to signal to Angel. I rolled my eyes and continued eating my food. "Well?" Julian said obviously expecting an answer. "Give me a second man I want to finish my food, this is going to take a while." I said taking the last couple pieces of egg in my mouth. When I was done, I looked at the box wondering what to say. Julian was on his phone waiting patiently. Now, I knew Julian. We were best friends in the business but, I didn't want to risk anything I said. This meaning, a big lie was about to be told.

"We met at a club where she sang. From then on it went uphill for the both of us. She got more vocals and I did more tracks. I've been meaning to win her over man but she just isn't biting. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Last night, I had the best time with her. Can you believe that she made me dance?" I said sitting back down on the chair. He put his phone away and listened intently. "Wow. She is really something else man. You've got to get her. If you don't I will!" He said joking around. I looked him dead in the eye and said,"If you lay one finger on her. I will break you." He put his hands up and said,"I swear!"

I stayed silent wondering if telling him a lie was a good idea. "Yo, we have to leave soon. It's already 2 and our flights at 5. I'll go get my stuff and meet you back here." He said and steeped out the door. I put my head in my hands and rubbed my eyes. When I looked up, Angel stood in front of me. "You didn't tell him about the night you got drunk. Why?" She said with her arms crossed. I could tell just by the sound of her voice that she was furious. "Julian will ruin me. I know he's a good friend and that were buddies but if I tell him the truth then he might accidentally tell someone else too." I said sitting up and studying her features. I couldn't tell if she was about to burst into tears or scream of anger.

"So you'd rather say that I'm some other slut falling for the likes of you then tell him the truth?" She said starting to yell. I looked her in the eye and said,"You have no idea how hard it was to get to where I am. If something gets out that I fucking abused my girlfriend then what do you think is going to happen? My parents will disown me! I won't be a dj! I'll lose my job!" I said standing up. "Maybe you should talk to the abused girlfriend before you tell a lie." She said and walked off. I couldn't fight with her anymore.

Me being mad would affect everything. She doesn't understand my part of the story. She doesn't understand the struggle, pain, and sacrifice I had to make to get to where I am today. I went to the room and found Angel getting ready to go for a shower. I packed up my stuff and sat at the balcony. The door opened behind me and Julian walked through with his suitcases. "You ready?" He said dropping his bags at the door and walking towards me. "Almost." I said looking back out at the view. We were among many buildings but the sun still shone brightly across the city. "Dude, are you ok?" Julian asked taking a seat next to me.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked looking towards him. "Because, you didn't answer or hear what I said the last five minutes." he said looking at me with concern. "Angel and I had a fight. Look dude, you are going to hate me when I tell you this. At this point, I don't care if I lose my job or my dj'ing career over what I'm going to say. I lied about how Angel and I met. Well, some of it was the truth but most of it not really." I said putting a hand on my forehead. "Dude, just tell me. I want to help you." he said putting his sunglasses on top of his head. I sighed and told him the real story. He looked down when I told him about the time I got drunk. I could tell he was surprised but something about the way I told the story was different.