Chapter 17

"BILLY!"

Quick footsteps barged into the room, slamming the door open. Billy woke up, startled, banging his head against his bed frame.

"Ow, hey, what is it?! It's like 3 am..." He squinted towards Katsumi, the light illuminating against her and Madiha. Focusing in, he found Madiha to be covered in some dark liquid, seemingly asleep.

"JASMINE...GET YOUR CAT...NOW"

"Uh, uh-!" He kicked his blanket around, scurrying towards the door. Katsumi made her way back out, placing her unconscious wife down on the couch.

"Ts ts ts...Jasmine...Jasmine... Oh fuck..." His eyes darted about, adjusting to the light, "There!"

He caught the half-open door next to his, Minh with her arms wrapped around the cat. He snuck in, swiftly though gently picking up the sleeping cat. It let out a soft meow as it awakened, nuzzling into Billy's arms. Stumbling over to them, Katsumi grabbed the cat and placed it on her wife. She pats it frantically as it curled up onto her, finally looking to Billy. He nodded, picking the cat up and scanned for wounds.

He finally spotted the knife which juts out of her chest, blood more slowly seeping out. Gently, he removed it, hovering Jasmine's face over the wound. Complying, he slid his tongue across it, Madiha wincing at the sandy texture. The wound slowly closed as Madiha's conscious came back to her. Katsumi looked on in surprise and relief, the cat curling up on her wife's chest. Madiha smiled up at them with tired eyes, Billy nodding in response.

"Oh, Madiha...." Katsumi wrapped her arms around her, tearing up, "I'm so sorry..."

"Baby...it's ok...  I don't need an apology." She motioned towards Billy, who was scuffling during the moment. Kasumi lifted up, rubbing her own arm, cheeks puffed as she looked at him.

"Thanks...Billy..." She patted his back, a surprised look on his face.

"It's- It's no problem!" He placed his hand on his face, still groggy.

"Well...I'm sure you would like to get back to bed, right? I would like to rest as well..." Madiha chimed in, exhausted.

"Oh, yeah! Come on, I'll take you to our room!" Katsumi began to pick up her wife, only to be met with a gentle pat.

"No, no... keep me here... I'm not wanting anymore movement. Just leave me here."

She slumped, looking over to the door. Sighing, she plopped her back down, placing herself on a recliner right by.

"Fine, then I will stay here too."

"Wonderful..." Madiha sighed, nodding off to sleep, her wife following suit.

---

Rattle Rattle

The door opened slowly, creaking into the darkness. The woman looked around, trying to make out any doors or figures.

"Huwhuhf..." Hiroshi mumbled in her arms, having passed out a while ago. She stroked her hand against his face in an attempt to quiet him as she sneaked in. Feeling around, she finally found a doorknob, cold and smooth.

Peering in, she found a small figure on the bed, seemingly unnerved. Her face held a gentle frown as her arms loosely grasped around a pillow. Lying Hiroshi down next to her, she examined her face. Her face illuminated by vague lights which shone in, her button nose twitched. The woman thought to herself, patting her cheek as she made her way out.

---

"Dad!!!"

"Hmm...?"

Hiroshi was awoken by tiny arms tight around his waist. Looking down, he found an excitable Minh looking back to him.