Chamber of Reflections - Part 2

The young woman slumped against her chair, a hand on the passed out Swan's as she gazed into her stand. She saw the group outside, dazed and scared, angry and vengeful, to which she could only sigh. Mok was nowhere to be seen. She couldn't help but sit there, contemplating this whole mission. Were... they in the wrong? Mok always spoke on how evil these people are, and they are attacking with full force, but at the same time, something feels... off...

"What's wrong, my dear?" A familiar voice called out to her.

"Huh... Mok?!" Nastassia looked around, confused as she propped herself up.

"Yes, yes, I'm still invisible... We don't have much time here, Ms. Holmes. You never told me that Hiroshi had such power!"

"I can't predict everything, sir..."

"Well, I would hope you could at least come up with something by now? I see you're watching us."

"Yes, but... Sir..." She finally stood up, arms crossed and looking down, "I don't know about all this anymore... are you sure we're the ones who are just?"

"Dear Nastassia..." An orb was seen as Mok reappeared before her eyes, grabbing her hand and gazing into her eyes. "Of course we are just. You remember all the things Aladdin had done to me, and what Hiroshi has done to my son, don't you? I thought you told me you knew all there was to know about me, right? I'm not a bad man."

"But..."

"But?"

"I'm just having second thoughts, Mr. Carsmile. I mean, Hiroshi seems to still be emotionally impacted by Haruomi's death, and Zerox admi-"

"He's just being consumed by regret because he never thought I'd seek revenge, is all. What about Aladdin?"

"I don't... I don't know..." She turned around, Mok curious but irritated. "Aladdin seemed so happy to see his son, there seemed to be a spark of love despite what you say... what's happened... Something's eating at me. Are you sure this is the right thing to do? They all have each other's backs, meanwhile, you come back to me for what to do, and frankly, I'm at a loss now."

"Nastassia, Ms. Holmes... " He seemed to grit his teeth, grasping onto her shoulder, "Don't think such a way... Even scum can feel happiness and love, though not much sympathy for others. Surely you can think of something that can work?"

"I don't know, Mr. Carsmile. It's you against them. Everyone else is practically knocked out or dead since you don't seem to care about them too much."

"Why..." He finally backed away, glancing at her stand before making himself invisible once more. "I... I suppose there's only so much use in the weak. Think up something. You're an intelligent girl, aren't you? I know you can think of something in that lovely head of yours."

"Maybe..."

"Good." He simply stated, exiting the room. Nastassia shook her head, sitting back next to Swan and looking him over. She held her hand on his wrist, feeling his slight pulse. She shook him gently.

"Swanie... wake up, please..."

She frowned, glancing back into her stand to find the group stood as the returning Mok laughed and taunted them. His stand vanished as footsteps grew softer and quieter while everyone tried to stay still, sensing his presence. Tanx was still nowhere to be seen, assumed to be hiding if he didn't get hit by one of Mok's orbs... Aladdin and Katsumi stood guarding Hiroshi, looking around the room, stands readied. Hiroshi stood stunned, rage only boiling further as Mok toyed with them. He stepped forward, shaking his head and clenching his fists.

"YOU'RE REALLY GOING BACK INTO HIDING, YOU COWARD?!"

"Ironic coming from you..." His disembodied voice humored him, "I'm not hiding... What, am I not allowed to use my powers to my advantage? We all have already."