April

A month later...

"Woah! Close one Boom!"

"Thanks!", he chirps happily.

Boomer and I are playing a training game where one of us is blindfolded and the other tries to hit them with Kairu attacks. The longer we spend without getting hit, the higher the chance of us winning.  

The most agile, wins. We currently went through three turns for Boomer and two for me. This is my third turn, now.

"You two are really going at it huh?", Ky says, approaching me from behind. I accidentally scream and kick him behind his knee. He yells in pain and falls to the ground. I take my blindfold off and start apologising frantically.

"It's alright...ow...you've been practicing a lot haven't you?", he says, smiling weakly. I shrug and hug him with a scared look on my face. A look that basically said I was extremely sorry and was really close to crying.

He hugs me back and laughs, "I said it was okay. You cutie"

"I'm not cute!", I yell childishly. I freeze in place immediately after noticing how I said it and notice Ky and Boomer giving me the same look. I blush and shrug. I chuckle nervously and say, "th-that proves nothing, right?"

"It proves everything!", Boomer laughs, shaking his head. I blush even more and pout. "Damn it..."

I help Ky get on his feet and he kicks his foot slightly to make it feel better. "Hmm...if you wanted to nullify people for a while, you can just use that kick. At least you learned something from this incident", he shrugs.

"I wish I didn't hurt you though"

"Pain can help teach you some things too. Whether you're the one in pain or not"

I smile and Boomer says, "so...shall we continue?"

I nod happily and Ky says, "can I play too?" I nod and say, "you can help Boomer attack me while we're playing! This way, it'll be more of a challenge for each of us!"

Ky sighs and takes his X-Reader out. "Let's do this!"

We continue to play and as I have trouble understanding where the targets were coming from as I was blinded and now I have to rely on my surroundings. I concentrate on the sound of the wind, the littlest changes, the footsteps on the rocky platform to understand where they were going to attack from.

It was a little more stressful and I tried to silence my breathing as much as I could to hear the sounds.

However, one of them catches on to what I was doing and decided it would be good to trick me. They attack me from the front only to knock me on the back of my head with the same attack.

I squat on the ground, balled up, covering my head, the blindfold still on. "Oww! Which one of you did that?!", I yell, looking up.

"I did!", Boomer yells. "But Ky helped me understand what was happening. Both of us did, technically!"

I take the blindfold off again and hand it to Boomer. "Good for both of you", I mutter and get on my feet, rubbing the back of my head. 

"Hey guys!", Maya calls out to us from my left. I wave back at her and she runs toward us. "What are you all up to?"

"Eh, nothing much. Just training", Ky says.

"Are you guys playing one of those games you made?", she asks. I nod happily. "What are you playing this time?"

I begin explaining the entire game to her. "So basically, you're blindfolded and the others use Kairu or Chi based attacks to try to hit you and you have to dodge them all for as long as you can. The person to dodge the longest wins!"