Friends...? Or...

(This is kinda like a filler episode so I don't blame you if you wanna skip it)

Kairu Mission

"Kaya, don't falter!", Ky yells, holding his attack alongside me. The two of us were shooting a huge flame wave at our enemy using an attack called...well...'Flame Wave'

"I'm trying", I say, through clenched teeth. I squint and notice the stances of Diara and Koz slip a little bit through the fire. THERE!

"MAYA! BOOM! NOW!", I scream, still attacking. Maya jumps up and yells, "PARALYSIS SPRAY!" Boomer takes this opportunity and finishes off with his attack. "BOREALIS BLAST!"

The two of them get knocked back and sure enough, we win the challenge. Again...they really need to get their stuff together.

BATTLE ENDS

Ky and I finish our attack and take a moment to catch our breath. "Great strategy, Ky. If anybody knows about teamwork, it's you", I complement him through gasps.

"Thanks", he says, holding his thumb up while smiling. I smile back at him and take my X-Reader out. "Shall we?"

He nods and the four of us aim our X-Readers at the bit of Kairu. I glance at April who was casually leaning against a tree watching us, humming that song.

If there's one thing fighting RPGs have taught me, it's that the person who watches you in battle will one day fight you and know your every move.

Just to be on the safe side, I'll need a change of strategy. But I have to make it natural. That means...doing what Ky doesn't want me to. Falter.

"Let's get back. I was promised yakitori for dinner this time", I say, laughing a little. I miss home and I love grilled meat. "Yeah, I can't wait to see what it tastes like", Maya says, jumping next to me.

"...Maya, it's literally charcoal grilled meat on a skewer. I've told you before", I say, flatly. "Oh and this time, I'm gonna try making the sauce!"

I suddenly hear whispering behind me and when I turn to look at the boys, they start whistling and doing everything to make it seem like they weren't doing anything. I roll my eyes and say, loud enough for them to hear, "I'm kidding!"

I'm not.

"You really like traditional Japanese cuisine, don't you?", April asks, sweetly. I nod and say, "yeah. Nothing like the taste of home!"

"Even though home one is destroyed and you're too embarrassed to go to home two", my goddess self chuckles.

"Aren't you supposed to be researching or finding clues? I'm busy with trying to keep up a good act", I think back to her and frown.

"Shut up! I need a break. Also, I think it'll be helpful if I can...y'know. Watch her from your perspective too"

"Fine. But don't distract me from anything"

"You got it, captain"

I huff and blow my hair out of my eyes, only for it to fall back on my right eye. "Say, Kahura", Boomer asks.

"Hmm?"

"Why do you even cover your right eye? You do have both, right?", he asks, pointing at my flicks. I shrug and chuckle.

"Yeah. But if I'm being honest...even I don't know why I do it. I've just wanted to do it because it felt right to cover it. Oh and sometimes, it hurts a little when my hair blows away but not all the time"

He stares at me in confusion and I sigh. "I like it", I tell him, flatly. He nods and smiles. I slap my forehead and walk over to the platform. April shuts the door behind us and Maya yawns.