Suspicion

"I'm not saying your attack was wrong, it just wasn't well executed! Just...don't try too hard with an attack just because it's powerful. Go with attacks that are upto your potential until you learn how to use them properly", I explain to Maya. 

"Alright. I'll do that...can't believe I was losing because of one small mistake", she mumble. I put my arm around her and say, "hey don't pressure yourself! You'll get other chances. Just be patient~"

Boomer chuckles and Maya asks, "what's so funny?" 

Boomer replies, "Well Ky, you might want to watch out since...y'know...she might replace you as leader~" 

"What?", Ky and I scream in unison. 

"I might seem like a good leader now but trust me, I suck. If I get stressed, I can't even think straight!", I point out. Ky smirks and stick his tongue out at me while continuing to assist Mookie in flying the ship.

"Well, I won't let you steal another title. You're already Kairu Champion! And a goddess!", he says, pouting. 

"Tch. Half-goddess. Besides, turning into a goddess hurts because I literally have to break my soul upto a certain point! It's like biting your hand to turn into a...I dunno...a titan! Like in Attack On Titan! It hurts...", I say, pouting back at him.

Maya intervenes, "Season 3 part 2 out yet?". She tries to hold in her excitement as I say, "Nah. Just the trailer. I'm so hyped!"

April chuckles and says, "you guys watch anime too? Please tell me you know Death Note"

Maya shakes her head and I nod. I look at her and stare in shock. "What?", she asks, shrugging. "I'm surprised you don't know Death Note! It's completely your type. It's about detectives and logic-based and all that. It's incredible. Personally, I like L's weird style of doing things. He's weird but smart as all hell", I explain.

Maya says, "okay, maybe we can watch it together sometime"

"Can I join too?", April asks. "I support Light though. I don't think he was wrong to do things his way"

I nod. "He wasn't completely wrong but he was going a little overboard later"

"It's not wrong to kill people who are in your way", April shrugs casually.

I stare at her in shock. "You can always go around"

"It's easier and faster to eliminate them ASAP", she says, stepping forward.

Maya glances between me and her. I glare at her and say, "killing whatever is in your way can result in something going horribly wrong. It can blow your cover and turn you into an object of fear and not hope!"

"I thought you would know better. Aren't you the one who destroyed an entire village just to get to that child all those years back? Hmm?"

What is she-

I take a step back and stare at her in disbelief. She's...

She's talking about her...

My goddess half.

"I told you there's something off about her! How else would she know about you?! ABOUT ME?!", the voice screamed in my head. 

Maybe Boddai told her? Or maybe one of my friends did?

No...

It's not just that...

I don't trust her...

She's not our ally...

Maya steps in between the two of us and says, "okay, that's enough. April that's too far. I told you she's sensitive about her past"