Chapter 6: The Family

Minutes going by feeling like forever for John to come home. I tried doing things to keep him off my mind at least until he's on his way back. I ate a lot but that didn't seem to help, I even downloaded those ad-filled games you see on Instagram to let time go by, but sure enough it didn’t work. Tossed and turned I couldn't find any comfort without him. Netflix seemed to help but it just didn't seem the same without him.

Emily came in the dorm, she just got back from the Cafe smelling like sweet toasted bagel. When she walked in, she handed me two bagels and a bottle of apple juice  and I thanked her for it. She went to sleep, time her head hit the pillow, and there was me still wide awake. Then, I received a text from John my face instantly lit up and read the text; you wouldn’t believe what he had done. John has went ahead without acknowledging me until afterwards that he had told his family that we were together. That messed my head up all the way around,because I still haven’t told my family and I didn’t know how to or when to tell them, since they're always busy. I didn’t even respond back, because I was so upset with him only because we didn’t decide on how and when we’re going to tell our families, but I guess it’s my turn.

*Ashely/Her Mom’s Conversation

*Ashely/Her Sister’s Conversation

After telling my family about John and I dating, I was very surprised of their reactions

After telling my family about John and I dating, I was very surprised of their reactions. My mom’s reaction was sort of nice and rude at the same time,but as far as my sister she came off very harsh. I told Emily how they reacted and all she could say was that she saw it coming.

  John told me that his family was very excited that we finally came to an agreement on getting together. He told me that his mother was the one who was excited the most, considering that she's known me since a child. I sometimes wonder how my mother really feels about John and why doesn't my sister like him at all. I don't want to play an early blame game,but I need to change her way she feels about him before it happens. John called me a while after I settled the dispute with my stubborn sister. He wanted to tell me that he arrived safely and he thought about me through the entire trip. My day was made and those butterflies came back, because I never had someone think about me how he does. Above all, knowing that he really does love me heals my mind, soul, and spirit every time I think about it.