Chapter 9: Our Wedding

The baby is now five months and we were beginning to plan our wedding. He wants to go all out with all the expensive clothes and decorating. If u ask me all we need is good clothes and good food. He came to me and pointed out a perfect spot on the beach for a reasonable price and I showed him that we can buy some good wedding clothes as well. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and told me it was the perfect idea. He always told me I'm the brains of the couple. People say we last long because we do things as a team. He's my best friend and I am his and that's why we are meant for each other.  

After telling my family about the venu, I got a phone call from my sister. My sister called me to say a wedding on the beach would-be tacky and if the wind blows sand will get in your eyes and what about the babies they'll be playing in the sand the entire time. I agreed with her even though this is my wedding and by the way she's been acting hostile towards us, every since I announced we were dating in college I don't know if she's trying to help or destroy. Therefore we changed the venue to a church, hopefully that would make her happy, although I'm supposed to be the one who is supposed to be happy on my wedding day.

At the wedding rehearsal, my sister kept acting as if she didn't want to be a part of my wedding. We then got into an argument in from of the rehearsal party, so my mother told us to take it outside or to another room. We stepped outside but seems like the argument got worse and everyone on the inside could hear us, that's when John came outside and told Brittany go home and don't bother showing up for the wedding tomorrow. She then stated that she never wanted to be in the wedding in the first place. My mom was standing there the entire time and I tried to run after her because she was crying but my father stopped me and said just give her some space. I finally called the wedding rehearsal to an end.

  When John and I arrived home he confronted me about what happened at the rehearsal. I told him I wanted to defend him because she always thought of him in a bad way. He told me that there will always be.someone that doesn't see our relationship as fit. He then goes to tell me that I need to learn how to keep my temper under control. I told him not to forget about the time when he was the same way when someone confronted me about our relationship and that he was going to kill them.

  Today is the wedding day, besides all of the events that happened prior to the wedding this is the most emotional day of my life. Everyone we love is here and I could do nothing but cry. I saw john standing down the isle waiting for me with tears in his eyes. As my father guided me down the isle my heart began to race. I couldn't believe this was happening I can finally start my life with the man of my dreams.