Chapter IX: Ordered to go home

After dropping Helga off at the hotel, we went back to the base to get our next set of orders. General Gerald surprised us with his orders. He told us that, for completing our mission with such great success, that we would be Honorably Discharged with many metals and a promotion. We were not needed for now.  when our briefing was ajourned, Bob went back home, Toni decided that he would stay in St.Petersburg for a few years to see if he could find a woman for himself. And I decided that I would propose to Helga...Tonight! I told them about it, and they agreed that Toni would be the best man and Bob would give her away, If she said yes. So, after our temporary farewells, I was on my way to the hotel where Helga was. I walked into the parking lot, and started to have second thoughts, Manned up, and knocked on her door. She opened the door, and all my fears and doubts drained away. I looked into those icy blue eyes of hers and said "Helga Hovis. Will you do me the Immense honor, of becoming my bride?... I know this is sudden and awkward. But since day one, I have been in love with you. So I can understand if you say no." She said "YES!!!!". I looked at her with pure shock. Then I kissed her Goodnight.