Chapter 8: MDMA

"Dissolve the quadra-helix bonds and reverse the cohesions." Reina murmured absentmindedly, looking through the microscope.

The door to the lab opened. Ignoring the person who had walked in, she glanced at the screen which displayed the results of the prototype she had created. Numbers and diagrams stared back at her.

"Lorraine.."

"Oh, so now you wanna talk?" She looked up, narrowing her eyes through her lenses.

L averted his gaze to the ground. He had avoided contact with her once she returned from the Yagami household, not speaking to her for two days. His plan backfired since she returned the favor, doing the same thing.

"Enough is enough. We still have a case to finish."

She rolled her eyes, walking towards the decontamination cubicle. Lifting her arms, she allowed herself to be scanned for any harmful substances before being sterilized.

"What are you working on?"

A wicked smile played on her lips. "A new ecstacy drug."

She removed her safety gear, quickly changing into her previous attire. "Before it can be operationalized, I need to test it out. Want to volunteer?"

He frowned at the teasing tone in her voice.

"I'm kidding." She clarified before snidely saying, "If anything, I'll just ask Light."

L clenched his fists. She walked past him, purposely brushing his shoulder. He knew he was losing her. When they were children, Reina always craved his attention and cried whenever she didn't get it. All her life, her presence was ignored, and people only ever saw her as an object. For him to do the same these past two days was just too cruel.

His arm reached out, stopping her. "Wait. I'll do it."

She snapped her head in his direction, not sure if she heard correctly. "What did you just say?"

His voice was dead serious. "I'll volunteer."

L wanted to understand her. Her deepest and darkest desires. He wanted to experience them for himself. Maybe then, he desperately hoped, they would become close once again.

She knew this was his way of apologizing. He thought if they evened the score, everything would be fine. Her sadistic tendencies bubbled to the surface, her anger not yet diminished.

"Fine." Her hand laced with his, guiding him out the door and into the halls before finally reaching their destination. Her bedroom.

Reina pushed him onto the bed, straddling his waist. Her mind screamed at her to stop, that this went against everything she did to save him from herself. But her body had other ideas, already becoming hot with need. She wanted to punish him.

She saw the lust begin to cloud his dark, ignorant eyes.

"Are you sure about this?" She asked one last time.

He nodded. There was no going back.

He popped the pills into his mouth, swallowing.

A few moments later, the magic began.

His pupils dilated. He gasped, his body burning up. He became extremely sensitive to any contact with his skin. Even the mere touch of his clothes sent sparks of pleasure through his system. His breathing quickened as he grabbed ahold of the sheets underneath him. He looked up at her, and a breathless moan escaped him. He had never felt such an intense desire for her.

She brushed her thumb against his cheek. He closed his eyes, parting his lips. Her teeth grazed his ear, her breath hot against his skin. Her hands wandered downwards, his back arching towards her touch.

His body was at the mercy of The Seductress.

He gripped her waist, and her hips grinded against him.

"Hands above your head." She commanded.

He did as he was told, even though he craved to touch her.

Suddenly, a familiar sound made his eyes snap open as handcuffs were wrapped tightly around his wrists.

"W-What are you..?"

She bound him to the bedposts above him before standing up and walking towards the door.

He panicked at the sight of her leaving. "Reina..?"

"It's an experimental drug, so I'm not sure how long the effects will last. I'm going to work on our case. This is your punishment. You're lucky I'm not leaving you for two whole days. I'll be back in a few hours."

His heart dropped.

"By the way, my room is soundproof. Have fun~"

The door locked behind her. L was in complete disbelief that she had left him in this state. His body shuddered and shivered in pleasure. He bit his lip harshly, trying to muffle the sounds that desperately wanted to escape.

"Re..ina.. I-I'm so..rry.. Don't leave.. me.."

Lawliet was all alone, writhing in ecstacy.

~*~

Soichiro Yagami drove, glancing briefly at the rear-view mirror towards the woman in the back seat.

"I assume you've prepared yourself, correct?"

Reina nodded, reciting from memory. "I am a foreign exchange student. I currently attend To-Oh University. The Yagami household has offered to be my host family. Originally, I had planned to form a friendship with your son, but, since we've already met, I believe the likely trajectory is into a more intimate relationship."

The father cleared his throat, remembering their first encounter. "I would like to formally apologize for my son's actions that night."

"It's fine. I'm quite use to it."

He frowned, pitying her. He had a daughter of his own and he imagined her being required to seduce men for a living. His heart sunk at the thought.

"Err.." He changed the direction of the conversation. "Where was Ryuzaki? I never saw him on our way out."

"Busy."

"Oh." Chief Yagami was left unsatisfied by the vague answer. His hands gripped the wheel, a certain question weighing on his mind since the beginning. "Do you believe my son could be Kira?"

She answered with another unclear response. "I believe that everyone has darkness in their hearts."

Those words hung in the air, creating an awkward silence as heavy as the burden Reina carried. Soon enough, the car stopped in front of the house. The elderly man helped her with her luggage before unlocking the front door.

The rest of the Yagami household was waiting inside.

Sachiko Yagami, the wife, welcomed her with a warm hug. "Nice to meet you. This is my daughter, Sayu."

The little girl beamed. "Wow, you are really, really pretty! I hope we can become best friends!"

"And this is my son, Light."

Their eyes met.

"Actually Mom, we already know each other." He chuckled, faking nervousness.

Reina nodded in agreement, acting embarrassed. 

Light stepped forward and grasped her hand firmly. She threw him a confused glance to which he returned a mischievous smile.

"Mom, Dad, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend. Reina."

— — —
MDMA
/ m · d · m · a/
noun
3,4-Methyl​enedioxy​methamphetamine is a psychoactive drug primarily used as a recreational drug. The desired effects include altered sensations and increased energy, empathy, and pleasure.
— — —

A/N: Merry Christmas!