Day 4

Dancin' in the Snow

The Christmas lights blinked brightly inside the café, a light and fun atmosphere surrounding the people inside. Laughter, lively chatter, and the smell of coffee were most of the things that you can hear and smell.

A smile appears on your face, taking a sip from your latte then looking at your phone. Is he running late again? You rolled your eyes and proceeded to type something in your phone.

I remembered the first time we met each other. I was standing under the shed, waiting for a bus. Then, it started raining all of a sudden causing me to sigh and roll my eyes; completely annoyed and gloomy. I didn't hate rain, but I hated getting wet because of it. And now I just remembered that I forgot my umbrella, such awesome luck I have.

I sat down on the bench inside the shed, calmly waiting for the pouring rain to stop. I watched cars pass by, bikers, and people carrying their own umbrella walking across the sidewalk.

I sighed and silently wished for the rain to stop. Minutes passed, a person sits beside me; wearing a leather jacket with a red shirt underneath, jet black pants, and a pair of blue Nikes.

He had dirty blonde hair, styled in a messy but cool look. He places his umbrella down, then runs his hand through his blond hair while licking his lips. Your eyes widen, feeling a deep blush running across your cheeks; This man. Wow. He is handsome.

I composed myself, trying not to stare at him with such strength and resistance. Fishing out my phone, I tried reading some books but failing miserably on not staring at the handsome man beside me.

From time to time, I would clear my throat for no reason at all. Because I feel like I needed to and not to get his attention; to be honest its mostly for getting his attention, which somehow worked. He would glance at me from time to time, looking at me while I turned my attention to my phone; acting busy and stoic to mask the warmth and blush I'm feeling from his stare.

Three buses have passed by me, all full and had some passengers standing inside. I was slowly losing my patience, wanting to leave the shed so much but not being bothered because of the handsome guy beside me.

An hour passed, me and handsome random guy were still sitting inside the shed. The rain was still pouring down while I was trying to be patient and calm. The handsome man was simply observing the people walking around the rain.

"Ahh! This stupid rain!" I unconsciously said, anger finally reaching its boiling point. I sighed frustratedly and blushed a bit upon hearing chuckles from the man beside me.

I look at him, smiling sheepishly, "Sorry. I'm just not really fond of the rain or getting wet..." He nods and smiles, "Well, sucks to be you." He laughed again seeing my pout.

"What I meant is, I'm one of those who enjoy the rain. I want to walk around the streets, drenched and soaked. I may get sick and catch flu, but its worth it in a weird and funny way." He grins at me causing the fluttering of my heart, beating and pumping faster than ever.

I laugh at him, "It sounds weird but I guess everyone has their own unique way of enjoying the different things life has to offer." He laughs then smiles at me, "I'm Thomas by the way." I smiled at him, "Y/N." We sat inside the shed, laughing and telling stories.

As the rain started to stop, the sun slowly shining once more causing a multi-colored bridge to appear across the blue mountain sky grazed by fluffy white sheep clouds; I had tears around my eyes and was clutching my stomach. Thomas on the other hand was also having a fit of laughter. I glance at the sky, sunlight breaking through the dark and gloomy atmosphere created by the rain.