Final Chapter

the day Sal had gotten the special earrings from Larry, the ones who gave him his hearing back, was the best day of his life. he'd spent all day just watching Larry with the biggest smile, even though his boyfriend couldn't see it. as they came home, Sal went with Larry.

"hi boys." Lisa said, her back to them as she was washing dishes.

"hi mom." Larry said.

"hi Lisa." Sal said, following Larry to his room. Lisa paused.

"uh, did you learn to sign faster Larry?" Lisa ask.

"nah." Larry replied.

"then..." Lisa turned around. Sal had lifted his mask up just enough to grin at her.

"yup." Sal grinned following Larry. "call my dadd and tell him I'm staying with you tonight." Sal said. Larry nodded slightly and did as his boyfriend said. he was going to spend the night listening to Larry mutter as he painted. at the end of the night, Sal curled up with Larry resting his head on Larry's chest. he listened to his heart beat and smiled.

"Sal?" Larry ask.

"hmmm?" Sal ask.

"I love you so much." Larry murmured. Sal grinned looking up at him.

"I love you too. more than you know. thank you, so much." Sal murmured.

"of course. good night Sal." Larry murmured.

"night Larry." Sal purred, hugging his chest. Larry smiled at him and they laid there a while, slowly drifting off.