Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these character. (Although I wish I did....). These characters all belong to Shannon Messenger. She's done a good job taking care of them *sniffles*

Just Kidding. I'm not like that. Here we goooooo *dives to the next line*

"Why didn't you save me?" asked Kenric, "You could've. You and I both know that it was in your power to save me. If you hadn't been so selfish, I could've still been alive. I could've been here to lead the elven world. I could've been here with Oralie."

Sophie felt a tear start to make it's way down her face.

"I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't know that would happen. Please don't be mad. I want you to be with Councillor Oralie. I made a mistake. Please," her voice cracked.

"It's all your fault." Kenric sneered. "You claim that you want to save the elven world. I believed you at first. You know, before you let me die, almost killed all the elves by making King Dmitar mad, and you know, joining the Black Swan. You had a chance to pick. You picked the traitors. You are supposed to be the Moonlark. The one who is the strongest of the elves. Instead, you almost killed us all. In fact, you actually did kill me."

In the back of Sophie's mind, she did know that she was dreaming. There was no way the Kenric was actually alive. But she was so caught up in all of the accusations. They were true after all. If she had been stronger, she could've saved Kenric. Instead, he was dead, Councillor Kenric was dead, and she was still alive thinking about small (but not that small) things like Fitz.

"You want to see what happened? Let me show you again, moonlark." Kenric's voice cut through her thoughts.

Suddenly, she was back at Eternalia and she was in the room. She watched from afar as her past self had her hands inching toward Fintan's head. No she called to herself. Don't do it. Sophie tried to go toward herself, but she couldn't move. NO! NO! NO! She couldn't do anything but watch as Kenric sacrificed himself and saved them all in the process. Tears ran down her face as she sobbed uncontrollably. NO! PLEASE STOP!

"Sophie? Sophie. Wake up. Sophie!!" She felt someone shaking her, and she shot up.

"Sophie. Are you okay?" Edaline's face came into view. "You were screaming. We could hear you from outside."

"I'm fine. Sorry to bother you, Mom. It was just a dream."

"Are those tears on your face?"

Sophie touched her face and felt a wet substance on her face.

"N-no. I just have watery eyes in the morning." she stuttered.

Edaline looked at her for a moment before standing up.

"I can tell you're lying, but I'm not going to push you to tell me. Breakfast will be ready soon, but before you come down, I need you to pack for your sleepover in Everglen." Edaline told her.

"Sleepover?" was all she managed to say.

"Sorry about the late notice." Edaline said, noticing Sophie's face as she was walking out, "We just found out last night that we have to go look for something for the Council."

"Um. It's okay." Sophie climbed out of bed and walked over to Vertina. "Can you give me a natural but cute look, please?"

"For a special someone who's name starts with an F?" Vertina taunted.

"Vertinaaaaa," Sophie groaned. "Can you do it or not?

"Tch. Of course I can." she scoffed.

Timeeeeskiiiiiippppppp(cause i felt like it......)

"Sophie!!!" Biana squealed when Sophie arrived. "I've been waiting forever for you to get here. I've been surrounded by Keefe and Fitz's madness."

"You mean Fitz's madness. You seem to have a soft spot for Keefe's madness." Sophie teased as she nudged Biana gently.

Biana's face turned red, "How'd you know?"

"Biana," Sophie sighed,"I'm your best friend. Things like that are obvious to me. I don't even need to read your mind to know that."

"SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Biana cried. "Just because you figured out who I like, it doesn't mean that you need to tell the whole world. Besides..." her face morphed into a smirk, "I know who you like too."

Sophie's face burned and she opened her mouth to say something, when she heard an all too familiar voice with a crisp accent say,

"Aw Sophie, should I be disappointed? How long have you been here without greeting your soon-to-be cognate?"

(A/N yeah  I know  it sucks. BTW, in my story, we are going to completely ignore the fact that Matchmaking exists.)

Don't forget to

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow