Unleashed Moonlark

Chapter 13

I was unwillingly dragged out of the peace. I felt a jolt in my mind that woke me up.

Mystery girl a voice screamed MYSTERY GIRL, WAKE UP. YOU HAVE TO HELP. LINH IS GOING CRAZY. SHE BROUGHT THE NEVERSEEN TO US AND IT'S CHAOS. THE ONLY SAFE PLACE IS IN HER WATER CUBE, BUT WE CAN'T GET IN UNLESS YOU GET OUT FIRST. Only one person could successfully transmit that loud in her head. Fitz.

Her eyes snapped open and she gasped. Her body ached so bad. She groaned as she got out of the water. It was....surprisingly easy. Linh must have lost focus. She landed on her feet and looked around. She was still in a massive water box that Linh created. Mystery girl Fitz transmitted to her again get out of the water box. We need to get other student in there so they don't get hurt. Did Fitz not know it was her? Oh. Realization dawned on her. She was still wearing her mask. She began to run toward to edge of the box, when she saw that she was moving incredibly slowly. She looked down, saw her long dress, and groaned. Leaning down, she took out the throwing knife that she always carried with her and cut her dress. She resumed running and got to the edge of the water box.

Sophie's POV

I focused as hard as I could and made an opening in the water. After a few tries, I got it big enough for two people to get in at the same time. As I stepped out, I waved at Fitz get the other people in and he nodded.

"Mystery Girl!" he shouted above the chaos, "You get in there too."

I shook my head and ran towards where the mentors, professors, Mr. Forkle, Biana, Keefe, and some of the parent supervisors were. Fitz groaned in frustration and turned around.

"Tam, Marella, Dex. Get everyone in the water box. It's the only place that we'll be able to keep them safe. Does anyone know where Sophie is?"

"No."

"No."

"No."

"No."

A chorus of more 'no's followed and Fitz groaned in frustration again.

"Pretty boy!" Marella's voice cut through the noise. "Focus on fighting and not your girlfriend."

I blushed and focused on fighting again. The Neverseen were everywhere. We were slowly but surely getting overpowered.

Biana I transmitted Are you okay?

I'm fine she responded Why aren't you telling Fitz where and who you are?

Because if I do, he won't let me do what I do next.

What?

I need you to tell everyone, including you to get in the water box.

But Sophie, she faltered.

You know that it's our only chance of winning this.

Sophie, you could die her mental voice cracked. Do you hear me?

Loud and clear. Now get everyone in there. Even Fitz.

Are you sure about this?

Positive. I kept on fighting, and the corner of my eye, I saw her herding everyone toward the box.

I turned my head away and focused on keeping the Neverseen away from the water box. After about 10 minutes, everyone was in the box. At this point, I didn't know if this was going to work. I was exhausted, and my body was aching and screaming with every move I made. But I had to try.

"SOPHIE!" a voice boomed. Instantly, the hall quieted down. I looked up, and there stood Linh. "PUT THE WATER DOWN!" I grinned weakly.

"The water answers to you, but I control the air around it. No way." I was holding up the water with my telekinesis. It was killing me inside, but I couldn't let her know that. "How could you? Do you see this? Your brother finally smiled a real smile tonight. He was happy. You ruined this night for him. And the rest of us. Including yourself. You look amazing. You could have danced with someone and been happy. Instead, you did this."

"I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HIM. THERE'S NO WAY THAT I COULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY. HOW COULD I HAVE DANCED WITH SOMEONE. MY HEART BELONGS TO HIM. BUT YOU'RE JUST TOO DARN PERFECT, AND HE'S INFATUATED WITH YOU. I CAN'T BE HAPPY. NOT WITH YOU STILL HERE." she screamed.

"You're a monster. A sick, psycho, monster."

She grinned. "I know." She spun around and blasted a huge shard of glass toward Biana, who was just about to get in the box. How could I have been so careless and not noticed that Biana wasn't in yet. The shard of glass hit home, and pierced Biana in her stomach. Fitz screamed and started toward her.

I couldn't do anything. All I saw was red.

"Fitz, make one move and she dies."

Fitz got out of the box and continued out of the box and two members of the Neverseen grabbed him and slammed him into a wall. (ikr. pathetic. 2v1? cowards)

You know how most books say that you see red when you are at your angriest? I didn't see red. I saw black. Pure black. Black rage.  Using my mind, I grabbed Fitz and Biana and pushed them into the water box. Then, I let go.

I let go of the knot that I held under my ribs. All of that anger. All of that pain. I let it go.

Being dragged into the elven world. Pain. The Neverseen. Anger. Vespera. Anger and Pain. Lady Gisela. Pain. Biana finding her perfect match before I did. Pain and Anger. Fitz liking Linh. Pain. Linh hurting Biana. Anger. Umber shoving the echoes into Fitz and I. Anger. Kenric dying. Anger.

I let it all go and inflicted all of that on them. Every single one of the the members of the Neverseen + Linh, on the floor writhing. On the floor, resembling people who were bowing. Ha. As they should be. I am supreme. I am superior. They will always lose. Anyone who gets in my way will be- I snapped myself out of that mindset and walked over to Linh, each step taking a massive toll on my body. After taking that many hits, almost dying, keeping the water box up, and inflicting, my body was almost out of juice. I was running on pure adrenaline.

"You think that he likes me? He's my said 'best friend.'" Saying the words out loud hurt more that I thought it would. "I'm like his sister. You know he said that. All that ever happens between him and me are PLATONIC hugs. That's IT. You always get complimented. I didn't want this to happen. This isn't how I wanted it to end. I tried, Linh. I did. I didn't stay away from him, per se, but I didn't hang around him anymore. I wouldn't do that you. If you liked him and he liked you, I wouldn't have gotten in between you two. But this? You forced my hand. I loved you like a sister, whether or not he liked you or me. I TRUSTED you. But instead, you took my outstretched hand and twisted it behind my back. Shame on you. I could kill you. I don't have a fragile mind like most elves. I grew up with the humans. I could do unimaginable things that would make you beg me to kill you. I could twist your body in unfathomanle ways. But I won't Because I'm weak that way." I made sure that each member of the Neverseen was out cold and that Linh wouldn't be going anywhere, before putting down the water box.

"So." I heard a voice say. "The moon lark finally unleashed herself."

Does Fitz know that we were talking about him. He still doesn't know its me I thought. 

Then I passed out.

(Edit) I got to see Love Yourself Tour in Seoul....the movie. I cried. On every song ........and tae said Borahae. 😱

新年快乐!Happy lunar new year! 💜💜💜💜💜 

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 1K views. My heart stopped. One or two more chapters I haven't decided. Longest chapter yet! 1299 words. Bai

Don't forget to 

vote

comment

follow

share