Chapter 2: The haunted studio

That evening, Keffan was still sleeping at Heckle and Jeckle's house. The two magpies managed to convince Gandy that it didn't bother them to keep the kitten and, like that, he could play with their son. At bedtime, Jeckle watches Heckle caring for the little ones and play with them.

« You know, kids. If I told you the story of Bendy, it wasn't to scare you. It's just a legend we tell Toons to remember that you have to be careful with the ink. » the magpie apologizes.

« I wasn't scared, dad! And if Bendy arrives, I'll hit him in the nose! » Aiden exclaims, leaping on his bed, hitting the air with his little fists.

Both parents laugh, amused and moved, while Keffan rolls his eyes with a small smile.

« Of course, sweetheart! » Jeckle smiled as he go in the room, grabbing his boy before bedding him. « But now it's time to sleep. »

Aiden doesn't mind and lets Heckle cover him with his blanket before both parents kiss him at the same time, each on one cheek. While their chick rolls in his blankets smiling, Heckle leaves the room while Jeckle kisses Keffan on the forehead.

« If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call, Keffan. Especially if it's a nightmare. »

« No problem, Uncle Jeckle. » the kitten smiled, squeezing his stuffed toy.

The two adult magpies smile at the children before closing the door by turning off the lights. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 The little ones sleep a little and, around 11:00 pm, Aiden's alarm clock rings. The little magpie turns it off almost immediately to avoid waking his parents and, reassured by hearing no noise in the house, he gets up and gets out of bed.

« Keffy! It's time ! » He whispers, jumping on Keffan.

The Tunman (who was sleeping soundly) jumps down on all fours, ruffled fur and haggard eyes. It's his friend's laughter that brings him back to reality, making him blush with embarrassment and anger.

« Aidy, you're exaggerating! I asked you to wake me up gently! » the kitten grumbles, straightening up on his feet.

« But when you sleep, you're Sleeping Beauty! » the chick chuckle before flying to his bed to recover the notebook hidden under his pillow. « Are you ready ? »

« Can I say no? »

« No ! »

« Well, I'm ready then ... » the half-Toon sighs.  

Even though it was a busy city by day, ToonTown could be strangely quiet at night

Even though it was a busy city by day, ToonTown could be strangely quiet at night. Of course, we could find some roaming Toons and some neighborhoods were still very active. But in the neighborhood that leads to Kansas City (the place where Bendy was*), it's flat calm! The entrance to the city has been unused for years, overgrown with weeds and some wood boards blocking the tunnel. But for the small sizes of Aiden and Keffan, it isn't those boards that will stop them. The little magpie slips in with a smile and no problem but his kitten friend follows him without much enthusiasm. The dark tunnel worries him too... but Aiden is determined to go to the end.