Chapter 12: Speechless Magic

The next morning, Harry and Briana walked side by side from the Hospital Wing.

"So the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before," Briana said.

"That's right," Harry said.

"If we can find out who opened the Chamber of Secrets before, it should give us a good clue about who is doing it now," Briana reasoned as they walked into Moaning Mrtyle's Bathroom.

Ron, Hermione and Ashley were all standing around a cauldron. A fire was lot underneath it. Hermione was adding in some lacewing flies and stirring it.

Hermione jerked up as they walked in, "Good, it's only you guys," she breathed.

"We decided to start the Polyjuice Potion. Couldn't wait," Ron explained as he watched Hermione.

"Did you guys hear about Colin?" Ashley questioned, "Always seemed a little annoying to me, but I wouldn't want him to be petrified."

"Something else happened," Harry said, "Dobby visited us last night."

Harry and Briana took turns telling them about the house elf. They told them that the Chamber of Secrets was real and that it had been opened before.

"That's seals it!" Ron yelled in triumph, "Malfoy's dad opened it when he was at school and now he's teaching Draco how to do it!"

"The Polyjuice Potion will tell us forsure," Hermione stated, "But in order to get it finished we still need that stuff from Snape's cupboard."

"I've got a idea. Briana and I have Potions tomorrow morning," Ashley informed them, then pulled out one of Fred and George's Filibuster Fireworks, "And I know a way to get the stuff we need."

*****

Briana and Ashley walked side by side to Potions and entered the classroom. They were being joined by the Ravenclaws.

Today they were making a Swelling Potion. Briana tried to finish it as fast as possible as Ashley was brewing hers like it was the easiest thing in the world.

"Ready?" Ashley whispered.

Briana nodded.

Ashley slid the firework from her pocket and pointed it right at Goyle's cauldron.

The firework went right into Goyle's cauldron and exploded, covering the class. Briana got off her seat as soon as Snape's back was turned and went jogging over to Snape's storage room. She quickly went in.

It was very impressive, Briana had to admit. Their were bottles of what seemed like every ingredient possible everywhere. Briana eyes scanned the stores until they rested on bicorn horn. Briana grabbed some before she began her search for Bommslang Skin.

Briana found it and stuffed it in her pocket. She froze when she saw another fully brewed potion. It read:

Veritaserum

Briana had read the Potion in a book before. If you drank this, you would be forced to tell the truth. Their was no doubt that if she took it Snape would notice it's absence.

She pocketed it.

Briana rushed over to the door and poked her head out. Snape was now trying to cure the students of their swells. Malfoy's nose was the size of a watermelon. Briana held laughter in as she rushed over to sit next to Ashley.

"Did you get it?" Ashley whispered.

"Yeah," Briana smiled brightly.

Ashley dusted her hands off.