1

Eddies pov

I hate my life. Ive been homeschooled for almost all my life because to my mom people are infectious diseases and if I touch them I'm gonna die. Until this year, I convinced my mom to let me go to school this sophomore year. It'll be hard for me because I have really bad social anxiety but I'll try be social.

"Hey mom I'm leaving", I said as I twirled my car keys in my hand.
"Ok, don't forget your inhaler", she said as she handed me my inhaler with her chubby hand.
I hate this thing, I thought as I shoved it into my pocket.

I opened the door to my truck and threw my backpack to the backseat. I twisted my keys and my car turned on. I breathed in and out as I played my music and my anxiety was building up inside my chest as I got closer to the school.

When I got to the school, I sat in my car for a moment and let out yet another breath as I saw clicks of people chatting among there self.

"Don't be awkward Eddie", I said to myself as I grabbed my backpack and put in my AirPods.

I got to my first class and set my crap down. I looked around I noticed something. Everyone was up and socializing and there was one boy that sat in front of me that was all alone.

He had curly black hair that stuck wildly out of his beanie. But I didn't see his face because his back was to me but he looked like that one bad boy.

Just then a boy with brown curls came up to me and tapped me on my shoulder.

"Hey I'm stan", he said as he sat down next to me.

Stan wore a white and green striped shirt with light brown khakis.

"Uh, hi I'm Eddie", I said while we shook hands.
"You looked lonely so I wanted to introduce myself", Stan said as he chuckled a bit.
"Yeah I was homeschooled for almost my whole life", I said awkwardly.
"Oh dang, so why did you decide to come to Derry high?", Stan asked.
"Oh I don't know to actually have friends", I said giggling.
Stan laughed at the response.
"So I saw you staring at Richie, are you gay or something?", he asked.
"Is it that obvious?", I asked while tucking a piece of hair behind my ears.
"A little bit", Stan said chuckling, "well, I hate to break it to you but he's taken by her actually".

He pointed to a girl that sat down my Richie just as he said that. She had short red hair and brown overalls. Richie planted kisses on her neck.

"What's her name?", I asked while cringing as I watched there little scene they were making.
"Her name is Beverly, they do this all the time I heard that has sex a lot over the summer", Stan replied.
"I definitely believe it", I said as I observed the scene.

After the class, school was crap, but I was happy to have a new friend and throughout the day I got introduced to Ben, bill, and mike.

Right as I was leaving the school I heard, "hey new kid", I turned around and sure enough it as Richie Tozier.
"Uh yeah?", I said slighly shy.
"Why did you stare at me earlier this school day?", he ask while lighting a cigarette.
"Oh I didn't mean to, I was wondering off", I said embarrassed.
"Hey your Face is red", he said pointing at me and laughing.
"Oh weird", I said hiding my embarrassment.
"Do you want to hang sometime tomato?", he asked while blowing out some smoke.
"Uh sure", I said while adjusting my backpack straps.

He gave me his number and I waved bye.

When I got in my car, I shook my head, I was shocked about what just happened.

With his oversized glasses and leather jacket and his adorable face, I think I've found my first crush in a while.