Chapter 5

11:17 am

Before Ryan even turned the car off, Ray was out and running towards the other group, dramatically sprinting right to Kerry, who stood there with his arms wide. Ray leaped into Kerry's arms, wrapping his legs around the mans waist. Kerry started spinning circles, making a high pitched squeal that was muffled into Ray's shirt. Michael and Miles piled up with them, jokingly shouting while receiving glares from parents with their small kids.

Ryan gently closed the drivers door and walked to the back of the car, opening the trunk with a pop. The bags have been slightly shuffled to the left side from the drive, but Ryan grabbed them with ease. He lifted them out of the rear of the car and onto the rough pavement he stood upon. Ryan looked back over to his group of friends. The group hug has ended, and changed to jokes. Kerry went to assist with Gavin and Geoff attempting to take out the piles of bags on the trunk. Gavin's British slur and shouts could be heard in the distance. Jack sat in the passenger side of the car, his ear pressed up against his phone. Ray was standing next to Michael and Miles, listening to the light conversation. Ray was watching Ryan unpack, but the second Ryan looked up to meet his gaze, Ray dropped his head down to look at his phone screen.

"Why the fuck did you agree to come on this trip when you a fear of rollercoasters?!" Michael shouted at Miles, who elbowed him in the chest the second the words slipped out of his mouth. Kids around looked at him, while their parents tried to cover their child's ears. Michael shyly waved at them, muttering that he was sorry as he dealt with stares from exhausted crowds. Ray shook his head a Michael's attempt of being apologetic.

"Come get your bags everyone!" Geoff hollered at the group. Michael sprinted over to his voice, racing Miles to the car. Miles caught up quick, but tripped with his attempt of pushing Michael out of the way. Michael turned and laughed at Miles, who was now rolling on the pavement, exaggerating as if he was a soccer player. Michael was about to point and laugh, but slammed into the side of Geoff's car, causing him to fall in laughter and pain.

"SON OF A -" Michael cut himself, knowing he would get scolded for cursing around children. Jack was in tears watching the two grown men injure themselves over a race. Miles jogged to the car and clutched onto his black suitcase with a RoosterTeeth patch stitched into the front. Michael joined him and grabbed his duffel bag from Geoff's tired arms. Michael swung it over his back, and assisted with Jack's bag.

Ray walked back to Ryan's car with a grin on his face. "Thank's for taking my bag out! You didn't have to" Ryan smiled, handing the feathered-packed case over to him.

'Not a problem. You pack light" Ray's hand slipped onto the handle of his bag. Ryan grabbed his own before following the rest of the Roosterteeth crew into the hotel.

The lobby room was welcoming, but very quiet. Everybody wandered in, looking around. Geoff lead the crowd, and made his way to the reception table, checking in with the younger lady who sat at her desk, typing on her computer. The gang sat down on the dark leather couches located in the center of the room, with a small chandelier above them. Ryan sat wedged between Gavin and Ray, both of them itching to move. Gavin had his leg folded across his other, shaking his foot. Ray was softly drumming his hands onto his thighs, moving his head to a song only he could hear. Michael, Kerry, and Miles were across from them, discussing the room arrangements. Ryan wasn't listening, but instead looking around the room, taking in the different paintings that were strung on the wall. Ray looked at Ryan briefly before jumping up, spreading his arm away from his body with a rushed swing, causing a soft crack on his shoulders. He looked around while streatching.

"I'm going to go take a piss" He announced before leaving to a small hallway. Michael also got up and went, not speaking a word. Kerry shrugged and turned his phone on, spreading his legs out and onto the coffee table. Geoff came over and handed out keys to each member.