Chapter 1: Then/ Foreward

“Alright tell me what happen.” He looked at me with looks that could kill.

I moved around in the chair and looked down trying to avoid looking him in the eyes “You want the short story or the full story?”

Chapter 1: Then

“Jeremy we’re up to about 120 views on the latest video.” I said, as he walked into my bedroom.

                Jeremy slammed the door and he took his usual seat in the wooden chair near my desk. He dropped his gym bag and soccer cleats on my bed.

                “Here you can have this. Use my left over sweat to clone me or something in your next experiment.” Jeremy said, looking at his gym bag.

                “What do you mean? Did you out grow your cleats or something?” I said, turning back toward the computer to finish what I was doing.

                There was a brief silence. Jeremy didn’t answer he ran his fingers through his freshly cut hair and looked at me blankly. It didn’t take long for me to finger out that he didn’t outgrow his cleats. 

                “You didn’t?” I asked. “You quite soccer? Your parents are going to be so-“

                He interrupted me. “Yes I did and as for my parents what are they going to do?”

                I shrugged in aggreeance with him. I wasn’t much of a sports guy so I didn’t really care. As for him soccer I thought was his life. I had seen him more emotional when he saw Star Wars: Return of the Jedi for the first time. I don’t mean to compare the greatest movie of all time to a sport that just results in grass stains and pulled muscles but it was all too weird.

                “Let me tell you what happened. I was on the field in the spot I was supposed to be in then the girls’ soccer team can running by our field. I was so focused on the way there glossy hair bounced in the wind and the way their toned legs ran I missed the ball coming.” Jeremy said with full exaggeration of each detail.

“Anyway Duke, the so called star player, comes over and tells me start paying attention (insert graphic name of your choice. I wasn’t going to take it laying down so I-“ At this point his chest was bulging out and he gained some type of confidence.

“You didn’t?” I yelled.

Jeremy nodded. “I most certainly did. I through the first punch and it was the only punch. So maybe I didn’t exactly quit. Coach kicked me off. Anyway I’ll probably get more playing time this way then I would being actually on the team. Anyway how about our last video we posted?” He quickly shifted the conversation. 

                Jeremy was your typical high school jock, except he wasn’t good at the sport he played and he hated his teammates. He had perfectly quaffed brunette hair and a smile that made girls swoon.  Being on the soccer team only made him that much more popular. He knew it too.

                “SB. Which you may think is me randomly yelling out the chemical formula for Antimony but it actually my new slang I’m am in the process of trademarking. It means So Bad.” I leaned back and Jeremy just looked at me blankly. “Anyway I digress. This is the most views we have had ever.”

                Jeremy and I had been making these videos we posted online for a year. Admittedly stupid videos but videos nonetheless. This one was our most viewed so far. I signaled Jeremy to come over to see the video’s stats.

                “I would of never though that break dancing hamster would beat ‘The Day in The Life of My Pet Rock.’ “ Jeremy said.

                Jeremy pressed play on the video and we watched our latest video ‘The Break Dancing hamster’. There wasn’t much to it just and animated hamster with Jeremy’s voice autotuned in the background. Let me be honest Jeremy was the ideas guy when it came to our video making and I was the executor of his ideas.

                Jeremy watched the video about three more times laughing at it even more every time he watched it. Eventually I X’ed out of the window to stop him.             

                “You can turn the video off but you can’t stop pure comedy.” Jeremy laughed and laid down on my bed beside his gym bag.

                “You seem mighty relaxed who just through away thirteen years of work a few hours ago.” I said, moving those filthy gym shoes from my bed.

                Jeremy picked up the solved Rubix cube from my desk and began pacing the room.

                “Are you talking about soccer? It just wasn’t my scene. Anyway this is our senior year and I don’t want waste another fall running laps every day and bench warming every game.” He mumbled, dropping the rubix cube on the floor and laid on my bed.

                I could help but laugh. Days like this he reminds me why we’re best friends. He got up off the bed. The was a brief silence.

                “Well I better get going my mom is making lasagna for dinner and I don’t want to miss it.” He said.

           “Alright bye. Don’t forget I need a soundbyte from you for the next video so stop by tomorrow afternoon.” I said.

                Which was probably best I had homework to get done and he needed to get a clue.

                “Wouldn’t miss it for anything.” He walked out singing the song from the ‘Break Dancing Hamster’ video covered in oblivion and fueled with desire.