one

"Come on Mars! You're gonna be late," Jack yelled from the bottom of the stairs, rushing me to finish getting ready.

"I'm coming! Give me five more minutes," I shouted back, nervous to leave. I'm going to see my older brother Luke, who I haven't seen in about 9 years.

I put my hair in a messy bun as I walked down the stairs. I took one final look around the house, then headed out to the car.

"Are you excited?" Ben asked me.

"Yes but I'm mostly nervous. What if he doesn't like me? What if I've changed too much for his liking?" I ranted.

Ben sighed, "Marissa LeAnne Hemmings. Luke loves you and nothing will ever change that. He's your older brother, and it doesn't matter how much you grow. He loves you, just as much as the rest of us do."

"Thanks Jack, but I guess I'll find out who's right when I land. I hope you're not lying. I just haven't seen him in so long and I have no clue what to expect," I explained.

The car stopped, making me realize were already at the airport.

Jack got out and helped me grab my bags, then we headed to bag check.

I handed the lady my bags, then walked in front of Jack to security. "This is as far as I can go princess. Have a good flight and I'll see you in a few months. Call me when you land, and tell me how Luke is," Jack said, hugging me tightly.

"I will. This is going to be a long trip," I muffled into his neck as a single tear slipped down my cheek.

"Goodbye Marissa. I love you."

"I love you too Jack."

I took off my shoes and went through security, then grabbing my carry on bags and waiting for my plane to be called.

I sat there waiting for about 30 minutes before the intercom sounded, "Flight 159 to Los Angeles is now boarding. Flight 159 to LA."

I grabbed my bags and walked to the gate, showing the man my ticket, then proceeding to board the plane.

Thankfully, my seat was a window seat, so I'd have something to lean on when I go to sleep.

As soon as we got into the air, I put my earbuds in and went to sleep, violently waking up to turbulence after a while.

"There's only 15 minutes left on the flight, so don't worry," the man next to me whispered.

"Thanks," I nodded.

I spent the next few minutes praying that I'd make it.

"Everyone please fasten your seatbelts as we will be landing in 5 minutes," the flight attendant announced.

Awesome. In 5 minutes I'll be off this uncomfortable plane and with my brother. Just 5 minutes away.

I felt the plane dip down and I was getting more and more anxious to land. I want to see Luke, then go sleep.

The plane stopped, and that's when I knew we were on the ground for sure.

"Everyone stay in your seats for a few moments, but you may grab your items from the overhead bins," the flight attendant called.

I put my book bag on, waiting to get off. The doors opened and the flight attendant yelled one final time, "Thank you for flying with us today, and we hope you travel with us again soon. You may exit the plane now."

I got off the plane relatively fast, considering I was in the third row.

I headed to claim my luggage, then to find Luke.

I grabbed my bags when they came around and texted Luke.

To Luke: Just landed. See you in a few minutes x

I looked around but didn't see Luke, so I checked my phone to find a message.

From Luke: I can't get out of work right now, my friend Ashton is there. Sorry I couldn't be there x

 Sorry I couldn't be there x

From Luke: This is Ashton. He'll be wearing scrubs and he'll take you back to the hospital

To Luke: Thanks. Agh i just wanna see you alreadyyyy

From Luke: I know babygirl. We'll be together before you know it x

To Luke: I know but I want it to be now x

From Luke: I gotta go do my job. Sorry x

To Luke: Of course you do. I'll see you later. Bye x

I looked up from my phone and started looking around for Ashton, when an unknown number texted me.

Unknown: Hey this is Ashton. I'm standing by the Nando's cart x

You changed the name to Ashton

To Ashton: Ok thanks, I'll be over there in a minute

I looked for the Nando's cart, and when I found it, I looked for a person wearing scrubs, immediately finding Ashton.

I walked over to him, and since he was on his phone, I was able to scare him shitless.

"Dammit Marissa. You can't do that. You nearly scared me to death," Ashton whined.

"Well maybe you shouldn't get scared so easily," I responded.

"Attitude. I like that," he chirped, as he grabbed my bags and headed out the door, me following close behind.

He put my bags in the car, and got in with me. "Don't tell Luke I borrowed his car. He'll be so pissed at me I might lose my room," Ashton warned.

"I won't. I'm not a snitch," I replied.

We parked at the hospital, and Ashton opened his door, beaming.

"Let's go see your big brother."