two

Ashton led me through the hospital corridors until we came across an office with a sign above it, reading 'Dr. Luke R. Hemmings, Pediatrician'.

I couldn't help but smile, knowing he'd gotten where he wanted to be.

Ashton opened the door, revealing two other doctors.

"Marissa, this is Calum and Michael, Luke's other friends. You can sleep on the couch if you want, and Luke will wake you up when he gets back," Ashton explained.

"Hi. Do any of you know how long it'll be until Luke gets back? I wanna go home and sleep," I breathed out.

Calum chuckled, "Sweetie, it's only nine in the morning. Our work day is just getting started."

I groaned. "Well, I guess it's nap time. Wake me up when one of y'all gets off," I yawned.

"I'll be here for another hour or two, so I'll just stay in here," Calum said.

"Cuddles?"

"What did you say? It sounded like you said you wanted cuddles but-"I did say that," I interrupted.

Calum grinned, taking off his shoes and laying on the couch with me, pulling me into his chest.

I heard Ashton and Michael leave, then Calum started humming, and I have to admit it wasn't half bad. It was like a lullaby, and within minutes, I was out cold.

I woke up several hours later, Calum was gone, but someone else was in here now. Someone I hadn't seen yet.

"Luke?" I questioned.

He turned around with the biggest smile on his face, "Come here babygirl."

I ran to him and hugged him tightly, never wanting to let go. I didn't know tears were falling until I heard Luke's voice.

"I'm here now baby. I'm not ever leaving. You're with me now. I love you," he smiled.

"I love you too Luke. I'm sorry I changed so much on you. I get it if you don't like me," I rambled.

"Marissa LeAnne Hemmings. Stop that. I do love you. You've grown up, and I like that. You have so much to learn while you're with me," Luke lectured.

"Come on."

"Where are we going?"

"Home. Unless you want to stay here alone, I'm fine with that," Luke teased.

"I'm coming. Wait, where's the guys?"

"They're already in the car," he told me.

I followed him outside, where I immediately ran back inside.

Luke followed me, asking why I came back in.

"I forgot my jacket in the car," I explained.

"I'll call Calum to bring you one of his hoodies," Luke offered.

He called Calum, and after a few minutes, Calum appeared with a hoodie.

I put it on, and it was really big on me, but I liked it.

I shivered, being picked up by Calum to keep me warm. I loved the feeling of being in his arms already, and hopefully it'll happen more often.

We got into the car, me being in between Michael and Calum, while Luke was driving, and Ashton in the front.

"I'm sorry I'm so heavy Calum," I whispered.

"You're really light, especially for someone your age. Are you sure you eat enough?"

"Yes. I eat too much actually," I muttered.

"Bullshit," Calum argued, "Look at how skinny you are."

"Let's just stop talking about this. I'm going to sleep," I yawned, leaning on Calum.

"Goodnight sweetie," he said, kissing my forehead.