three| on the run

⋆ Aria's POV ⋆

Aria's POV

Me and Nina sprinted through various alley ways through out the city, running for at least an hour, getting as far away from our apartment building. It felt like running away from the orphanage all over again.

We finally stopped at a nearby park, and hid behind a tree. I looked around making sure nobody followed us or was paying any attention before I sat down and wiped the sweat off my forehead.

Nina stood above me looking behind the tree, doing the same as I just was. We both were panting, trying to catch our breath before either of us talked to each other. Nina then held out her hand and looked at me.

"Give me your phone."

I looked at her confused and pulled out my phone slowly. "Why exactly?"

She took my phone out of my hand and then pulled out her own phone. She smashed the phones against the trunk of the tree and then dropped it. And just for extra measures, she stomped on them and then sat beside me. I shook my head and was too tired and stressed about the task at hand to worry about why she did it.

"I did it because they can track us on our phones, I didn't think about it until now. If they really are agents their going to know how to do these types of things. We have to keep moving." She said answering my mental question.

I nodded, already getting to my feet and putting my hands to my hips, looking around. No authorities seemed to be around and no one payed any attention to us. They were either to busy with their kids or talking with their friends. I looked at my watch, it was 3:30, at least three hours since we were last seen.

"Alright so what's the plan Neens?" I said with a sigh.

She stood up too and crossed her arms over her chest, leaning against the tree, thinking.

"How about your teleportation? Does it work?" She pointed out.

I shook my head, I was too stressed...it usually doesn't work when I get stressed. I guess I haven't gotten far in controlling my abilities.

"You already know it doesn't work when I'm stressed...what about your transformation into that black smoke like thingy...ability?" God that power she has really needs a name. "You can at least take us far away from here, it'll be just as fast." I looked up at her curiously.

She considered it but shook her head. She then pointed out it was more like a transformation into a black wisp like streak more than a transformation into smoke.

"Neens that's literally the least of our worries." I shook my head and waited for her actual answer.

"Right, right. Um, no I don't know if it would even work if I transformed the both of us. It can either go really well or really really bad."