Tides Will Bring Me Back to You

Natsu looked at the waves, white sea foam dancing with them. He let out a shaky breath, then stood up. "Goodbye Lucy.... Take care of yourself" "Natsu no! Natsu?! NATSU!" the phone clattered against the rock, the screen shattering. He flung out his arms and took one last deep breath of the salty sea air. Then he leaned forward. The cold wind bit against his cheeks as he plummeted. His eyes closed, his mind completely cleared. He hit the water, numbing cold wrapped around him. He opened his eyes. He saw the rays of sunlight shimmering through the water. He smiled to himself before darkness had its way. Warm. Why was he so warm? He opened his eyes and violently coughed, water mixed with blood shooting out of his mouth. His vision was blurry but he felt hot, grainy sand under him. "Natsu!" A rough voice called out, but he didn't know who. All he knew was that he wasn't dead. His head pounded as his mind raced. Why am I not dead? I should be dead. I deserve to be dead! He felt hands on his chest and he blinked rapidly, clearing his vision. He grabbed his saviors shirt while tears streamed down his face. "Why didn't you let me die" his wrecked voice choked out. "I wanna die, I wanna die, I wanna die" he chanted over and over, burying his face into his saviors chest. "Shhhh Natsu I got you its okay" Gray whispered softly, holding his best friends shivering body. "Please dont ever do that to me again"