Chapter 6: Home

Dylan's POV

I began to have a respect for Corbyn. He saved me and I saved him. He's really nice too. When he kissed my head, with me wrapped in his arms, my stomach flipped. My heart got warm and I smiled.

Corbyn and I actually both ended up falling asleep for the rest of the drive. Jack and Daniel must have switched driving spots half way through. We woke up a few minutes before we reached our final destination.

"Hey, Dyl," Corbyn smiled at me.

"Hey, Corbear," I smiled back at the blonde. We were still laying on the couch with Corbyn's arms wrapped around me. He noticed and removed his arms, sitting up. I whined a little, bit sat up and stretched.

"Jack, where are we?" I asked our driver.

"Beverly Hills," he replied, grinning.

"Shit, you guys must be pretty successful to live up here in the nicer part of town." I looked out the window.

"I mean, whatever you say," Jonah said modestly.

"Yes, we're rich and successful as hell," Zach stated bluntly. The other boys looked at him with mixed emotions. I laughed.

Jack drove up to a big, two-story house with a beautiful view of LA. Well, you couldn't see anything because of the smoke, but...

We managed to unload the baskets of food and the boys' suitcases in three trips, considering I only had my backpack and skateboard. We made it in and out as fast as possible, locked the bus, and locked the doors to the boys' house.

I looked around after taking my mask off. The boys dragged their suitcases to their rooms and unpacked, I presume, so I spread out all the food on the kitchen island. The electricity was working fine, only the service wasn't working. I made sure to put away the refrigerated items and sorted everything else into the pantries.

I was just finishing up when Corbyn walked in the kitchen.

"Woah, did you put all of that away?" He asked with a surprised face.

"And sorted it too," I said, pleased with myself.

He hugged me tightly. "Good job, Dyl."

"So, it's like dinner time now, so what do you want to eat?" I asked. "But we do have to ration the food for who knows how long."

"Maybe just rice and beans. And chips," he replied. "And guacamole."

"Good. I make excellent guacamole. Did you grab avocados?"

"Of course," he smirked.

I made guacamole and the boys and I spread out in the living room; Jonah took the armchair, Jack and Zach took a couch, Daniel sat at their feet, and Corbyn and I took the other couch. We found blankets and pillows and ate our little Mexican dinner watching Riverdale; the boys had it taped on the TV.

We finished eating and I cleared the dishes, leaving them in the sink to wash in the morning. It was clearly dark outside, but you couldn't see anything but smog. I pressed my face against the glass windows that overlooked the pool and the yard, and wondered what was going to happen to us. Corbyn tapped my shoulder.

"Here," he said, handing me a hoodie and sweatpants. "You can borrow my clothes to sleep in."

I smiled. "Thank you, Corbear."

I changed out of my jeans and T-shirt in the neat bathroom upstairs. The sweatshirt smelled like Corbyn's cologne. I breathed in the scent and grinned. I returned to the couch downstairs and cuddled up next to Corbyn. He's nice and warm. And sweet too.

Corbyn and I fell asleep wrapped in each other, little happy smiles on our faces.

Just a filler chapter but it's kinda cute :)
Read my other book "Side by Side" cause it's great. Love you💖