6

[Chaeyoung's POV]

We have already spent days in the secret garden and no one have yet to know.

And what I really want have truly came true.

I always wanted to try living a simple life and I am.

And Mina is there to make everything more simpler for me.

I'm glad that no one have yet find out that we are living there but one thing I should say is I really have a bad feeling about today.

I was changing my clothes until I heard a knock from the door.

"Hold on a second." I said and wore my clothes before opening it.

"You're done?" She asked and I nodded.

"Let's go." I said and hold her hand.

We then went out to eat our lunch as Mina said that she's too lazy to cook.

We went to a very private restaurant and after eating, Mina went to buy some groceries.

I followed her and took things that she bought.

When she's finished, we went to pay and we start walking back to the secret garden.

But everything went wrong.

Guards suddenly surround us after we took a few steps away from the grocery shop.

They got Mina and I saw the guards pulling her hair.

"Let go of her." I said.

I walked towards them and yanked their hands away from Mina.

Mina hugged onto my arm while the guards start to inch closer.

"Prince, the king wants you to go back." A guard said.

I kept silence and suddenly, the guards behind us start to pull Mina.

I kicked their legs and pulled Mina closer to me.

"I'll go back." I said as some starts to come closer.

The guards surrounded us as we walked back to the castle.

'This unhappy place again...' I thought and sighed mentally.

I hold onto Mina's hand tightly and squeezing it occasionally so as to assure her and calm her down.

We then went to the hall where the throne is placed and I saw dad and mum sitting on their throne.

"You finally came back huh..." Dad said.

"With this slut." Dad added.

"She's not a slut." I gritted tightly onto my teeth and glared at him.

Mina touched my bicep and lightly patted on it.

"After days, you came back. You're really good at hiding now huh... Or is it that this slut asked you to hide somewhere?" Dad asked and I glared at him.

I took a step forward but Mina held me back.

"It's okay... It's okay..." Mina keep repeating and I closed my eyes for a few seconds before opening it.

"The woman that you have bedded with are sluts. She's pure and not a slut." I said and he slammed his palm on his armrest.

"Don't spout nonsense. You thought that you're my son and I won't do anything to you? Well you're wrong." He said.

"Keep them at the cell. And since you like to be together, keep them in the same cell." Dad said and the guards starts dragging us away.

They threw us in the cell and locked it.

"Sorry, prince, we are just doing our job." The guards said.

"It's okay..." I said and the guards left.

I sighed and look around the cell.

"We are back to this unhappy place again... This is the reason why, I hate this place. I won't say I dislike because I hate this place." I said and look at Mina.

"This place was never a home to me. It's like a training ground. If I made a mistake, I will be locked up in my room for 3 days. But if I made a big mistake, I will be locked up in the cell for a week. And throughout that 1 week, I have 2 days that I will be served with food and water. Or else, I will receive nothing for the rest of the days. And as for the 3 days, only 1 meal is served. And the meal served two buns with a glass of water. That's all. That's why I hate this place. That's why I want to leave this place. That's why, I want to leave here and be with you... I envy you guys who live a normal life. With that kind of punishment, my dad and mum will always tell me that it was a training. I won't say that I love them because they seems like they have never treated me as their son. They forbid me to make friends with normal status citizens which is why, I'm always in my room or my painting room." I ranted about my life in here.

All of these, I have never told Mina before up until now.

She come closer and hold my hand.

"It's okay, Chaeyoung-ah... I'm here with you." She said and I look at her.

I smiled and she hugged me.

"Let's just treat this place as our third home." Mina said and I look at her.

"You really still able to think so positively even though you're in here?" I asked.

"I was told to always think positive when I was young. When I was bullied, I always think positive. There are times where I almost give up but my parents talked to me and make me feel better. I then continue growing up with this mindset." Mina said.

We sat down on the cement bed and I laid my back on the wall while she laid her head on my chest.

We stayed in that position until dad and mum came.

Mina stood up immediately and I stood up lazily.

"How's your stay in here? Was it good?" Dad asked.

"It will be good if you never appear here." I said and he look at me with a pair of angry eyes but I didn't flinch.

"Son Chaeyoung, you better watch your tone while talking to me." Dad said.

"I thought you always hated me? So what does matter to my tone? I thought you didn't care about me and I was always a invincible child. Only when there's a blind date, then I'm not invincible and are able to communicate to you. Seriously, are you my parents? If you're not, please let me go and end my suffering." I said and shook my head.

"I will see when I want to let you go. But now, enjoy your stay." Dad said and they left.

"I should jumped." I said and Mina look at me, confused.

"There are times I thought of ending my life as it was too suffering for me. I always thought of jumping down but at the same time, I didn't want to. So I've never jumped." I said and Mina look at me with a pair of angelic eyes.

"I'm here with you... If you have any problem, tell me. Share it with me, understand? Don't keep it to yourself anymore." Mina said and I nodded.

We then went back to our previous position until the night come.

____________________________________

Michaeng are caught! Guess what will happen next!
Please vote and support me!
Hope you enjoy reading.
Thanks for reading!