chapter 30-epilogue unnamed

"Oh. My. God," Spencer exclaimed, "only if I have given it to you guys earlier, none of us would have been in danger, Seo wouldn't have died, we wouldn't have wasted our time chasing the sniper."

"No-"

"I'm so sorry," Spencer's eyes swelled.

Felix pulled her close to him and whispered in her ears, "it's not a big problem, you didn't cause us in harm, what you said to Seo when he held you hostage in exchange for one of us was what convinced Chan and Dr. Shin to give you a code name in the near future."

A code name?

"Rea-"

He just nodded.

"Thank you, Dr. Shin," Chan gave her the most sincere bow.

"Anytime," she smiled, the screen went black as she ended the call.

"Chan," Spencer looked up, "I'm so sorry."

"It's already been done," he drew in a breath, "saying sorry can't change things."

He slowly got up and walked out the door.

"Spencer," Minho said as he lightly patted her shoulder, "he's just concerned about you, as you know, he's a great leader, he didn't want anyone to get hurt."

"He just can't really say this, he's more concerned than mad, it's fine, don't worry about it," Changbin mumbled.

"Oh, thanks."

Inside Spencer's head, everything was out of place, from the note, to Felix, to chan's concerns/anger. What does the boss want? She started to rethink everything that happened after her arrival at the IBHQ, her memory of those events never faded, though it's been almost two years of time that she'd been in Korea.

How she met Felix, then The Nine, her first day at the IBHQ, the second day...

Suddenly, something popped up in her head-

Yun.

The room was silent with the nine of them, Spencer spoke up finally.

"What happened to... Yun?"

All of their eyes went from dull to sparks.

"You're right," Seungmin agreed, "what happened to Yun might give us more clues."

"Dr. Seo said she was in the IBHQ secure jail rooms, which is for important criminals only," Jeongin said, "we never got to know the actual reason behind this though-"

"Oh!" Jisung exclaimed, "she was caught by Spencer and I calling her 'boss', now looking back at it, she could be talking about either Seo or the other one."

"Let's talk about Yun later," Spencer held up the note, "I still don't get the second clue, who are they talking about?"

"Someone you are close with but you avoid?" Hyunjin shook his head, "we don't even know who they are talking to!"

"You're right," Changbin sighed.

"But all of us aren't close with our families anymore, could that be it?" Woojin spoke up, "could it be our families?"
    "But you realize that both Chan's and my family or relatives are in Australia?" Felix looked at him with a confused gaze.

"And that we haven't contacted our families after we joined IBHQ, that's a long time without talking," Jeongin added to Felix's point.

He was right, all of them joined IBHQ at the age of 10-12. Even Jeongin is 17 as if right now, he joined the headquarters at 11. That's 6 years with no contact. Chan was the first one that joined IBHQ out of the nine of them, he is 21 now, he joined IBHQ 11 years ago.