Mizu's Past- Chapter 1

"Did you hear? I heard that ice queen over there killed her own sister."

"I heard Kari killed her whole family."

"She's the frozen devil."

"Don't talk to her. She'll kill you too."

Every day it was all she heard. Either people were too terrified to talk to her, or she was too terrified to talk to them.

-----

Mizu Kari was the second born child to her family. She lived with her parents and older sister. Her quirk began to develop at around age 5, her parents noticed her extremely low temperatures, but all the doctors knew was that her quirk must be just low body temperatures.

But as the years went on, her full quirk began to show. She noticed with just a touch, water would freeze. Then objects. Then living things.

Going unnoticed at first, her family grew extremely ill. Their own body temperatures continued to decrease, but doctors had no solution so always sent them home. As Mizu grew, so did the sickness. And it only got worse. First, her sister passed away, then her mother. Her father held out the longest. He never blamed her or was mad at her one bit. But his death was inevitable.

-----

Mizu lost all hope. She constantly was drifted from one orphange and school to the next as kids began to get sick. She never got adopted. One day, she ran and never came back.

A child so scared of herself she wanted nothing to do with other people. Not because she didn't like them, but she was so scared she would hurt them all. And everyone else was just as scared.