Be a Hero- Chapter 2

Days went on, barely able to keep herself alive. She ended up having to steal for food or rummage through garbage for it. The days went on like this, constantly having to move her location so shop keepers wouldn't get suspicious.

One of the days like usual she went into a shop to steal. She'd pick up the item, take it into the shops bathroom and eat before leaving, getting rid of any traces. Atleast, that was her plan.

She walked into the small convenient store, acting like a normal customer. She picked up two things, decided between the two, put the other back, switched that out for something else put the original back. But before she could even walk towards the bathroom, she got an evil look from the shopkeeper.

She put down the item in her hand, and kept browsing for a bit, knowing that no matter what she wouldn't be able to steal unnoticed. She finally decided she was going to leave the store and walked towards the entrance, but then he appeared.

"Why hello there." The dark haired man said to her, his eyes looked like he was going to fall asleep any moment. She backed up startled, assuming she had been noticed. She slowly continued to back up, before she was about to turn to run into the bathroom.

Before she could finish turning, the man's scarf extended out from his body reaching towards her, and his hair began floating and his eyes were wide. A look of terror was in her eyes as she knew that was it for her. She froze up, not moving, but she attempted to use her quirk to freeze the scarf, but nothing worked.

"Wh... why can't I..." She muttered under her breath.

"Man kid, you're really cold you know that?" He smirked as he spoke, scaring her even more

"What do you want with me... I didn't do anything wrong..." 'yet.' She thought to herself.

"I'm not stupid kid." His scarves had her completly captured, and he picked her up with it, carrying her out of the shop. "Man your quirk is such a pain. Come with me kid we need to talk." He continued to carry her out, deciding to go through the alleys. Eventually out of nowhere the man's hair fell, and Mizu had noticed her quirk being able to be used again, but she was still being held. "Damnit." he said, pulling eye drops from his pocket and putting them in.

"Who are you anyways? And where are you taking me?" As she spoke she tried to freeze the scarf slowly. "I'm not here to hurt you kid stop freaking out. Its not like I want to be carrying you, but you will just run off and I don't feel like catching you." He spoke with a very tired and annoyed voice.

"And that answers neither of my questions." She continued to try and resist, but he just added more scarf back over top. "Kid stop trying to break them and maybe I'd humor you. Like I said I'm not here to hurt you. After all I wouldn't be much of a pro hero for attacking a kid." Hearing that she stopped resisting immediately. "Y... your a pro hero?" She said, getting just as scared as before.

"Finally we're back. And thanks to you I didn't even get to pick up what I went out to buy." He walked into a small house, carrying her in. He shut the door, and then finally released her, but then his hair rose up again.

"Why did you take me to..." She looked around "Is this your house?" She looked back at him confused. She tried to use her quirk again but could tell it wasn't working so she gave up.

"You know stealing isn't right kid. I know what you were going to do. I also know what you've done." The man said to her.

"I..." Mizus face dropped, looking embarrassed. "What of it... its not like I have a choice..." She mumbled the last part of what she said.

"You have an interesting quirk. As I couldn't completely erase it means its got two aspects." His hair dropped, and she felt her quirk return, but didn't try to use it knowing she was with a pro hero and was no match for them. "Show me what you can do."

"B...but." Her face was full of fear, scared of hurting him, not knowing what she was capable of. "I'm not some pushover you know. I know it'll be fine."

She closed her eyes, and cause her feet and the floor around her to freeze. Her body became frosted with ice as she looked up at him unsure of what to do.

"Interesting. Is that all?" Her expression changed upon his words, she showed confusion and no more fear.

"I don't practice my quirk, other than how to suppress it..." she spoke quietly.

"So you can freeze the moisture in things I presume. The air has moisture too, I wonder if you could freeze that. But that's beside the point." He paused for a moment.

"You should use your quirk to protect people, instead of wasting your life and becoming a theif."

"All I do is hurt people..."

"Then use that to protect others. Use it to fight those who hurt the innocent. Become a hero."

Her mind stopped. No one had ever given her encouraging words before, let alone believed she could do good. A few tears rolled down her face, freezing as they rolled, as she stood there silent.

When he saw her tears, his attitude changed, and he looked at her unsure of what to do. She looked up at him, and for once in her life she felt grateful, and leaned over to hug him in a tight hug. It had been a long time since she felt someone else's warmth and not being scared to hurt them.

The man stood there, stiff for a moment, before leaning down to hug her back, trying to be comforting.

"You're not a bad kid. You have alot of potential, just don't waste it."