vi. "more than forever."

❝YOU WILL ALWAYS BETHE FEELING I FELTTOO MUCH

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE
THE FEELING I FELT
TOO MUCH.❞

2005

It was a cold winter, a christmas day. Every mother cook their signature apple pies, every father would do the artistic gardening at their backyards, and the children would decorate their houses with red and green fairy lights.

That very day reeks of apple pie and lemon grass. Aliya's mother did the cooking and the gardening while Aliya is doing all the decorating, and helps a bit with baking cookies. Her heart is filled with all that christmas joy. The Hardys will visit their home later after such a long time.

They have already considered the Hardys as family. The family would go to their house every Wednesday while Aliya and her mother would go to theirs every weekend. In every visit, Aliya realizes that she has fallen for the "blue eyed prince", a nickname some girls in the neighborhood would call him.

There's this girl Aliya would despise a lot. Whenever the two kids would play in the nearest nursery home, this girl would walk towards them and ask if she could join them. Of course, Aliya didn't mind, but she then notice that the girl was already touching Ben's hand, which makes Aliya jealous.

Ben doesn't mind. He never really cared if a random girl just touches his hand like that. But when it's Aliya touching him or just doing slight touches on his arm, he would jolt in shock and his breathing would not get any more normal. Aliya thought Ben doesn't like her touching him, but the embarassing truth is, he wants it.

The girl's name is Karen. She resembles a lot like Aliya, who have thought that Karen is the prettier version of her. She has paler skin, her hair is jet black like Aliya's, and thinner. Rumors about her spread around the neighborhood like large tornadoes swirling around their houses.

They would hear the word "abuse", "abandoned", and "anorexia" when her name would go as the topic of their neighbors' talks. Aliya dislikes Karen, but there's also a hint of worry mixed in there. She felt very bad for her. She saw her on the streets most of the time, scars and bruises visible in revealing parts of her body.

"Aliya? Earth to Aliya?" The little girl snapped out of her thoughts when her mom's palms were pressing her chubby cheeks.

"Mom, is there something wrong with Karen? What happened to her?" Her mom's face softens with a sad look, hearing the girl's name out of her daughter's lips. Aliya was really bothered and very curious about Karen, that's why she had to blurt the question out. She needs to know.

"She...She's lost." was the only thing her mom said. Aliya perked up an eyebrow, waiting for her mother to add up any info about Karen, but she didn't. The girl bit her lip, planning on something she might regret after. She walks up the stairs and goes inside her bedroom, locking the door behind her.