vii. "don't think of me."

❝IF A MAN COULD

BE AT TWO PLACES
AT ONE TIME, I'D BE
WITH YOU.❜

For her, yesterdays always felt like dreams to her. It can either be a dream or a nightmare. She would act like it never happened.

But. Yesterday. It's a neither.

The sunlight seeps through the slightly opened curtains of her window, the fresh morning air filled the room like a new day, delicious breakfast, and a nice cup of warm tea. Her eyes opened slowly, still feeling a bit sleepy from the longest nap she ever had.

She felt the phone buzz that was lying on the bed. Aliya checked if it was from Ben or from the daycare her stepdad owns. She opens her phone with a fast swipe and saw it's actually Noah sending her 68 messages.

Her drowsiness wore off when she saw the number of messages Noah sent her.

Noah
ALIYAAAAAA

Noah
Did you oversleep again??

Noah
We're going to my father's shooting remember? To tell him the news

Noah
Okay, I'll just meet you at Mcdonalds

Noah
I love you

Noah
So much

Aliya gave herself a slap on the cheek, regretting the fact that she have forgotten her only plan this weekend. She quickly stepped out of her bed, and ran towards the bathroom to take a quick shower. She then changed herself into a beige colored shirt, a light brown jacket, denim pants with plant stitches on the sides, and black Adidas slip-ons. She tied her hair up to a ponytail, and sent numerous messages to her friends if they could come with her for some type of "moral support".

Homey
BRUH YASSSSSS

Caligne Malik
Sorry I can't. I have to work a night shift today.

Awiya
@Homey Mcdonalds

Homey
WhAt tiMeee

Awiya
eArLY aS possibLe iM lAtE

Homey
KAY !

Aliya felt the littlest sign of relief, but her heart is still pounding fast. She's late, she's still not wearing any lip gloss, and of course, Ben. Yesterday felt something to her. Either or Neither. A dream or a nightmare.