35

I woke up the next day seeing Lisa sitting on the edge of the bed and seems to be looking at something that's in her hand. I reached my hand towards her, wrapping my arm around her waist. I heard her giggle softly, her hands held onto my arms and rubbed them up and down.

"Good morning, baby."

"G-Morning, Lili." I spoke sleepily. I pushed myself up and placed my head on her shoulders, wrapping both of my arms around her. "What's that?"

"I hope you don't mind that I looked up on your things." She showed brought her hand close to my face and showed me what she was holding. The handkerchief I found in the hospital when I was a kid. "But I found something that's not yours."

"It is not mine but..." I spoke confusedly. "It says 'Lili' here." I pointed at the small red colored embroidery on its bottom right.

"I guess you got the nickname you gave me here, huh?" She says touching the embroidery that made me chuckle.

"Not really, I just think it suits you."

"My grandmother used to call me Lili too, you know?" She smiled softly. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, anything." I nodded, assuring her that it's fine. I sat up and leaned my back on the headboard while pulling her with me. Lisa sat infront of me with her back leaning against my chest, my hand was intertwined with her other, the other was brushing her blonde locks.

"How did your parents die?" Stunned at her question, my hand stopped brushing her hair, my eyes widened at I stared at the handkerchief that was on her hand. "I— Oh my god, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have—"

"No, it's okay." I chuckled and squeezed her hand that was on my palms. I leaned forward and placed pecks on her neck and shoulders, she sighed in relief.

"I'm sorry. I was just... curious." She mumbled.

"I understand. I haven't told you enough about myself." I chuckled, placing my chin ontop of her head then inhaled the scent.

"It's okay if you're still not ready."

"It's okay, baby. You're a part of my life now and you deserve to know." She turned her head sidewards and smiled at me, I captured her lips into a slow and gentle kiss. When our lips disconnected, she stared at me as if waiting for me to speak. I inhaled air and exhaled heavily, my hands began to caress her hair once again.

I still remembered how the sun shone so brightly that day, it was winter. My classmates were playing at our school's playground, throwing snow balls at each other. I chose to settle down on an old swing just near the massive gates of the school. After a while of watching the other kids, Dara came, her bag was slinging from her right shoulder. She smiled at me, her usual sweet smile. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail then she walked up to me, sitting on the swing beside.

"I thought you'll be a little late today, Y/N."

"Our teacher dismissed us really early, noona."

I was in second grade and we were still so busy at memorizing the multiplication table. I had tons of notes on the back of my mathematics writing notebook, my head were full of numbers. Dara laughed at seeing how stressed I was so she helped me

"Kids!" I heard my mother's voice from a distance, making me and Dara smile. We both jumped off of the swing and turned around, seeing the woman who wore a thick coat over her body. She was spreading her arms widely, inviting me and my sister into a warm hug. We both ran towards her direction and gave her a hug. I suddenly felt warm despite the snow falling from the sky, my mother's arms was the safest place for me.