Prologue

Just keep running don't look back. Don't look back Winnie. You can't look back.

A hardness in my chest constricts my breath with every inhale becoming more and more difficult. The billowing of my sheer dress sweeps across the ground collecting all the forestry around it. The thumping of my heart creates a rhythmic dance that only my minds knows the beat to. Surrounded by silence, the jingling of my gold bracelets brings me back to reality as I push my body to its limit. I trip, briefly tearing the bottom of my dress as it snags on a passing bush. Panic sets in as I look towards the distance, not sure what path to take to mend my grieving heart.

How did my one wish in life become a nightmare only I can escape from?

*Author's Note*

©Adélaïde Masson, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author/publisher.

Message me via my profile if there are any violations. Thank-you!