Chapter 8

Hailey pov     

Everything is packed and Brody is going to drive wherever we have to go. We stop at a gas station and take a break from driving. We see two kids crying and holding each other tightly. I walk over and ask them what there names are.

"Jalynn and this is Chandler Matthew but I call him Matt. All I know is that we have been trapped in a little room with no food for months." Says the girl. The boy looks like he is in shock. I tell them that we are escaping too.

"Come with us."

"Really?"

"Come on."

I go over to the group and introduce them. We all get in the car and try to find a hotel or at least some shelter.

Melissa pov

I ask Jalynn about her family.

"Don't have any. Mom and dad died in a plane crash. They we never home an..an..I loved them so much. She starts crying in Matt's arms. It is late and by now everyone is sleeping except me and Brody. I move up to the front Because Hailey is sleeping in the very back(in a van)

"Hey Brody. Do you like Hailey?"

"Yea. Why?"

"Just curious."

He pulls over. I stare into his pretty blue eyes.

"Come on follow me." He says.

"okay?"

We get out of the car quietly and I follow him to a abandoned barn.

"This would be a great shelter." I say trying to fill in the awkwardness.

I again stare into his big pretty blue eyes. Now knowing that I have liked him since the 2nd grade.

He leans in close. Our noses touch.We kiss. I know it feels wrong, but I have like Brody since..... Ever.

I wake up in the barn on a blanket. Brody must have pulled the van in, because Me, Alexis, Hailey, Cayden and Katy are sleeping on hay-bails with blankets on them. Jalynn and Matt are sleeping on the top floor.

I turn on my side and see brody looking at me.

"What?" I think but really I just look back and smile. He walks over and sits down.

"Hailey can never know."

"But I don't feel bad. All you guys ever did was fight."

Silence runs through the barn.

"But I love her."

In my mind I say I love him but I know that he does really love her.

"But I love you too." He says. A big smile runs across my face.

"Come on lets go for a walk." He say. I nod.

Hailey pov

I say Brody and Melissa talking but I couldn't hear. I also saw them go into this barn last night. Then brody came back about 1 hour later to get the van and he drove into the barn. Melissa was on the second floor setting up a bed for someone to sleep on. There was beds all over the barn.

Brody comes in the back if the van and "wake´s" me up to tell me we found shelter. I get up and grab Katy and Cayden and but them in the beds. Alexis can not be woking up. Its like trying to wake a grizzly bear. So I leave her in the car and whisper to her that it is going to be okay.