Chapter 5: Adapting to My New Life

Sa'eed P.O.V

Waking up to my alarm I woke up. I got my clothes out for today, went to the bathroom and started the shower. Hoping out the shower I changed into my clothes and did my hair. Going out the room, I went towards Ayesha's room. Opening her door quietly, Ayesha is still sleeping. I closed her door. Going downstairs to start cooking breakfast, I started making batter for the pancake mix. I poured the flour in the bowl, the poured water next. Mixing the batter for the pancakes wasn't really that messy but I got the hang of it.

*skips time*

Setting up the table, I put the eggs, hash browns and pancakes that I cooked on the table. I went upstairs towards Ayesha's room, and knocked on her door.

*knocks on door*

Ayesha's P.O.V

Hearing a knock at the door, I stood and answered and it was Sa'eed.

"Dear, breakfast is ready. You can come downstairs and eat if you're hungry. We have a big day ahead of us."

"Alright, dad I will be down when I'm ready."

"Awe, you just called me dad. Alright, Ayesha I will be out of your hair."

"Wait, umm dad where are we going?"

"Well I will be putting you into school, and I already got everything situated. Everything is already paid for. I just have to drive you there."

"Oh, ok dad."

After what he told me he went downstairs. I was very happy that I was going to school, but at the same time, I was nervous. Well since this is my new life, I will try hard to adapt to it. I don't know if I will like the new school but at least I will have my education.

*skips breakfast time*

"Ayesha, hurry up and get ready for school or you're going to be late."

"Ok, I am coming right now."

Going downstairs finally dressed, Sa'eed was waiting for me outside in the car. I went outside, closed the door and locked it afterward. Going into the car, giving the keys to my dad, he started the engine and we were leaving for the new high school. There was so much traffic, dad kept honking the horn and people were just flicking him off like he was nothing. That was very rude of them but what can I say, I'm not the adult around here, I'm just a child.

When we finally arrived at the school, I gave my dad a kiss goodbye.

"Be safe Ayesha, have fun at your first day of school."

"Alright, I will, Asalamu Alaykum dad."

"Walaykum Asalam, see you after school Ayesha".

The high school is called Bayside High. It was very big and beautiful. The inside of the school was far more astonishing. No one knew that my dad and I were Muslims because let's just say we like to keep to ourselves. I mean not many people like us Muslims. That's why we're so secretive about us being Muslims. We don't need all that in the media. Finally finding my way around this school, I went into the office to get my schedule.

"Excuse me miss, I am new here."

"Alright, and you are?"

"Oh, my name is Ayesha and I am here to get my locker code and schedule for today."

"Alright, here you go your schedule and your locker code".

After I got my schedule and locker code, I silently thanked her. Looking at my schedule I saw that it has...

Homeroom – Mr. Connor – Room 101

English – Mr. Connor – Room 101

Math – Mrs. Shay – Room 35

Science – Mrs. Sky – Room 104

History – Mr. Richardson – Room 39

On the way to homeroom, I was the first one to be there and then other people started piling up in the class after. Mr. Connor came in the class and started writing his name on the board and introducing himself.

"Alright everybody listen up, we are all not here to play around. We are here to work, but since some of you are all new I will let y'all introduce y'all selves. That's what we are going to be doing all day."

Students one by one started to introduce theirselves until it was my turn.

"My name is Ayesha, I am 17 years old and my favorite color is red."

*school time passes*

On my way home I kept having this feeling someone was falling me. It was night and I was very scared. It was even more horrible because I have no fucking phone. I felt little hairs on my arms standing up. I ran all the way home out of breath. Before I went into the house, I said my du'a.

"Bismillahi Walajna Wa Bismillahi Kharajna Wa Alla Rabinah Tawakalna".

The door was already open so I went into the house and locked the door. Dinner was already on the table. My dad was already in his room sleeping. I ate dinner, washed my dishes and went upstairs. I put my backpack by the side of my bed. I didn't have any homework, so I got me out some underwear and a bra that has cherries imprinted on them and also got me cat pajama set out the drawer.

Going into the bathroom starting the shower I hopped in. Picking up a scrunchy and washing with blueberry scented body wash and washed my hair with blueberry scented shampoo and conditioner. Once I saw my skin starting to get wrinkly from the water I hopped the out the shower. I changed into the clothes that I brought with to the bathroom and threw my dirty clothes in the hamper. I am still not sleepy.

Walking towards the window, I looked out and have seen stars, so many stars. The stars were just so pretty to look at, I did not want to leave away from the window but I had to. Before I left from the window there he was again, the man that appeared in my dreams, the man with the mask on. He took off his mask again, his glowing red eyes staring right through my soul. He looked just like the wolf with the red glowing eyes but it might just be my imagination. I finally went to my bed going into a deep slumber.