New Objective

[PDA: Log recording started]
"Day 7. I've worked up the courage to travel to the Aurora. I've also found a blueprint for a creature decoy beacon in a databox with enough materials to fabricate a couple of em. The decoy duration is shorter than the time needed to reach the ship, but it should be enough for me to get onboard. For rescue teams in the future, if you don't find me onboard the wreck....well...assume I miscalculated. PDA. End log."
[PDA: Log recording ended]
[PDA: Log recording started]
"I've made it to the Aurora. There, I saw someone I did not expect to see, Officer Keen.
He told me the whole truth. We were on a secret auxiliary mission to locate the Degasi. This planet is infected by the Kharaa bacterium, which has already decimated billions of lifeforms out there. The precursors were researching a cure here, but due to an outbreak from one of the research facilities, the aliens on this planet went extinct while its other colonies are in unknown regions. The Degasi was sent by the Mongol Empire to continue the research, and also find any way to make some quick profit, which is where they went missing and we were dispatched to build a phase gate and also investigate their disappearance. Apparently, the precursors set up a quarantine enforcement platform as our scanners have determined that the energy signature that brought us down came from some sort of turret on a landmass south of the crash site, a weapon to bring down ships that got to close. Which is why we can't risk calling rescue ships before finding a cure. The plan now is to find a cure, and use the blueprints and materials from the Aurora to construct a Neptune Class escape rocket.
After all this time, our Mission was never made clear by the commanding officers, they had risked our lives without our consent, if I had found out that I was going to be marooned on a planet with a deadly bacterium, I would never have set foot on the Aurora........"
[PDA: Log recording manually ended]