Cure Research

[PDA: Log recording started]
"I've lost track of what day it is, but it's roughly been a month and a half now. We have made a base in the Lost River, 900m below sea level bordering the inactive lava zone. I feel that we are so close to finding a cure....yet so far. We've recently discovered the ruins of the precursor disease research facility where the outbreak first started and scanned a nearby sea dragon fossil. Spectroscope scans show that the sea dragon had its forehead caved in presumably from attacking the facility. Whatever these.....aliens did....the fauna didn't like it. We've also found a data download for coordinates of a secondary containment unit deeper down in the lava zone, however, we require kyanite to fabricate an artificial precursor tablet to access the inner sanctum, Keen's gone to get some. We have reason to believe that the "sea emperor" an ancient creature that produces a substance called enzyme 42 that can inhibit the growth of the Kharaa bacterium...at least, this is what the precursors were researching, however, the specimen held there is far too old to produce a potent form of the cure, thus we have to turn to its eggs. The eggs on this planet are unique, they require a set environment to hatch. When the precursors didn't manage to find a way to do that, they proceeded to cut them open, accidentally....killing the fetus...those monsters. There is also another....issue...the damn warpers. They are biomechanical enforcer units created to warp infected individuals near themselves and terminate them. They are easy to escape, but it's a problem if you were warped out into an area filled with ghost leviathans. Those in this area are juveniles godammit. I can't imagine what the adults look like. *In the background: Riley! I've gotten the kyanite. Prepare to proceed to the facility. *Back to me: Well....I've got to go now, *cough cough. Wish us luck that we release a cure before the plague kills us all. PDA. End recording."
[PDA: Log recording ended]
[Habitat: Systems maintenance chief Riley Robinson and Second commanding officer Keen have left the habitat]